Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Roush rear valance

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Haggomyeggo

Default Roush rear valance

Hello

just ordered my 14 GT and trying to find anyone who has put the Roush rear valance on their car aftermarket.

American Muscle offers it but there were not any reviews or questions asked.

does it require cutting the bumper like the shelby quad exhaust does?
it looks like it would have to...but does it use the same tab locations like the shelby says it does??

i know i dont already have my car yet but still already looking to swap out the exhausts...i hope to end up getting the parts before the car comes in!!

thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 10:11 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Haggomyeggo
Hello

just ordered my 14 GT and trying to find anyone who has put the Roush rear valance on their car aftermarket.

American Muscle offers it but there were not any reviews or questions asked.

does it require cutting the bumper like the shelby quad exhaust does?
it looks like it would have to...but does it use the same tab locations like the shelby says it does??

i know i dont already have my car yet but still already looking to swap out the exhausts...i hope to end up getting the parts before the car comes in!!

thanks
Congratulations! What color and package did you go with? Definitely post up some picture when you receive your new Mustang, we'd love to check it out.

The Roush rear valance looks great. In order to run this valance, you do need to have the roush exhaust with the square tips! There is some drilling involved, nothing to difficult though. We break it down on our website with the Roush installation guide! Check it out:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...u-install.html

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Haggomyeggo

Thanks Dan...

Im just thinking I want something a little different for my pipes....and yea I planned on going with the square axlebacks...
I ordered a GT Premium with Brembos and Recaros with 3.73 gears and the GT/CS spoiler
I wont say what color yet...but i will be sure to post pics as soon as it gets here...hopefully I will be giving you all a call before it gets here to order a few things....

is there anything to the idea I should put some miles on the car before I do any exhaust work?
like axle backs or O/R x pipe??
Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Haggomyeggo

ok I took a look at the directions and it does seem like quite a bit of driling/cutting....
i hope someone else can chime in that has actually done this with some opinions before I go ahead with it.....
i just wanted something to look a little different than circular exhausts....
Old 08-29-2013, 03:22 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Haggomyeggo
Thanks Dan...

Im just thinking I want something a little different for my pipes....and yea I planned on going with the square axlebacks...
I ordered a GT Premium with Brembos and Recaros with 3.73 gears and the GT/CS spoiler
I wont say what color yet...but i will be sure to post pics as soon as it gets here...hopefully I will be giving you all a call before it gets here to order a few things....

is there anything to the idea I should put some miles on the car before I do any exhaust work?
like axle backs or O/R x pipe??
Awesome, your new GT is going to look great with that rear valance and square axle back exhaust. There is a bit of cutting and drilling involved, I wish I had more experience with installing this particular item on a 2013+ GT. Hopefully someone can chime in and lend us a hand! I installed the GT500 rear valance on my 2011 GT and the included instructions were very helpful. A few clips and snips and we were good to go!

I'm really excited to check out the pictures of your new ride! When I ordered my 2011 GT I went with Brembo package, 3.73's and the GT/CS spoiler. I'm pretty jealous that you got the Recaros, those seats are amazing!

It may not be a bad idea to put a couple miles on the car first, just to make sure you don't have any odd issues, put a few miles on the motor etc.. I put about 750 miles on my car before I started modifying everything!

I don't see a problem with changing the rear valance and axle back exhaust right away though! I would recommend putting a few miles on the car before putting an O/R X-pipe on because this modification will require a tune.

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any tweaks we can possibly make to benefit you guys!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan