Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

PICS OF MY GT 5.0 TO A ROUSH REPLICA

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I love my buggy fog lights, lol. I love it even more when cars passing by flash their hi-beams at me, thinking I have my hi-beams on. Of course they won't look right with your new grille.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
very nice, the new grills look great!
Thank you. Love that Black Cobra of yours, looks Badass.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:56 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
I love my buggy fog lights, lol. I love it even more when cars passing by flash their hi-beams at me, thinking I have my hi-beams on. Of course they won't look right with your new grille.
That maybe another mod, not sure, Roush sells their Fog lights that go down low on the outside of the Lower Grille.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

So, I see the brake caliper in your pic looks like a painted OEM one. Unless they've changed things recently. Roush uses StopTech calipers and rotors in all their builds. Just curious. I see you're stating there is a Roush brake system on the car. But, being a Roush aficionado myself, (as well as Saleen etc etc)... I know they always ditch the OEM calipers in their builds for StopTech. Not the best option, but better than stock 2 piston slide type calipers since they are 6 Piston type.

Not being a nudge, but if you're going as far as to use their badging and even replicate Roush signatures on your clone. Then the brakes in the pic seem a bit off.

Just saying. Not everyone's cup of tea to replicate and go with all the badges and striping, too. It's sort of disingenuous since it's not the real deal.

BTW. I appreciate it. But, just need to see the right calipers to really buy it. I literally did a double take and shook my head thinking almost, but not quite there.

---
Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Looking good so far!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
So, I see the brake caliper in your pic looks like a painted OEM one. Unless they've changed things recently. Roush uses StopTech calipers and rotors in all their builds. Just curious. I see you're stating there is a Roush brake system on the car. But, being a Roush aficionado myself, (as well as Saleen etc etc)... I know they always ditch the OEM calipers in their builds for StopTech. Not the best option, but better than stock 2 piston slide type calipers since they are 6 Piston type.

Not being a nudge, but if you're going as far as to use their badging and even replicate Roush signatures on your clone. Then the brakes in the pic seem a bit off.

Just saying. Not everyone's cup of tea to replicate and go with all the badges and striping, too. It's sort of disingenuous since it's not the real deal.

BTW. I appreciate it. But, just need to see the right calipers to really buy it. I literally did a double take and shook my head thinking almost, but not quite there.

---
Good catch, I did buy these. Just waiting for spring to put them on.
http://www.roushperformance.com/part...2005-2012.html
http://www.roushperformance.com/part...2005-2012.html

Originally Posted by Vader GT
Looking good so far!
Thank you.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 01-21-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:47 PM
JimC

The Roush grilles look much better than stock. I have the Roush lower on mine, with the CDC/RTR Performance Grille on the upper.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:55 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by JimC
The Roush grilles look much better than stock. I have the Roush lower on mine, with the CDC/RTR Performance Grille on the upper.
Thanks, Believe it or not the bottom Grille is not a Roush $201.99. It is a Modern Billet Retro Grille $69.99 Matches up great. The problem with the Roush one is you have to cut your Stock tabs off, so if you wanted to put the Stock Grille back on you couldn't. The Retro Grille fits on overtop the Honeycomb Grille and you cannot really see it. 10 minute job.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 01-21-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:47 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

very nice! looks way better
Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Just to be thorough. You'll also need to look for 20"wheels and fit them with Cooper RS3-S performance tires as well to complete the fit and trim on the brakes and the wheels for a Roush Mustang of that body style. That is if you're going for the look.

Although, if you are more about the getting best performance option, then you might want to pass on the Roush Brakes and go for the Wilwoods as a first pick or Brembo offerings. Stop Tech rebadged kits for Roush are really not the best you can get for your money.

The Cooper tires are however extremely exceptional performance wise. Or if you fit the car with Mickey Thompson tires, Which it looks like you did...you're just as good since they are the exact same tread pattern as the Coopers...because they are owned by Cooper tires. But for an authentic look to really fool the Roush people...you would need the Coopers. And a different Wheel selection.

However...it is your car, so keep it how you like you'll be in an awesome ride regardless. And you shouldn't get any push back unless you run into a real stickler for details. Its not like you can resell it as a real Roush, but as a tribute car...the opinions will be "meh"...a mixed bag. It does however prove a good point...or at least it should. You can build a better car for a lot less than the original, and if you're not concerned about that particular pedigree, you should wind up laughing all the way to the bank with the money you saved.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 01-22-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: PICS OF MY GT 5.0 TO A ROUSH REPLICA