Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Stripes for a Kona Blue Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Default Stripes for a Kona Blue Mustang

Im wanting to put white stripes on it when i get it.

I dont know whether to paint or do stick on. I know paint is better, but id hate to not likem after its on.

What do you guys recomend. Also what stick on should i get? Or where should i get it from.

I saw a kona blue on here with white stripes, that had a small pin stripe on the outside of each of the larger stripes. It look very sharp. The guy hasnt pm'd me back with info on them.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

If you are not sure whether you'll like it later, I recommend using vinyl stripes first. If you really like it, then just get it painted on years down the road when it's worn.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Any suggestions on where to get them or what type?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
floridafordguy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burns331
Any suggestions on where to get them or what type?
http://graphic-express.com/00-ford_m...FRljnAodjF0DuA

http://houseofgrafx.com/products/
Old 11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

I originally had silver vinyl stripes on my 2010 GT. After a year I noticed small circles on the stripes where the silver was much lighter, almost white. Via research I then discovered that this is a common problem with silver vinyl stripes, even 3M Marine Grade vinyl. Even Shelby has had problems with silver stripes.

I went to the shop that did mine and she looked at the stripes, took pics to send to 3M and told me she would do the job over under her warranty, regardless if she got reimbursement from 3M or not. Due to the problem with silver I decided to go with white stripes and also add the little pin stripes outside of the wide stripes.

All I can say is that it looks incredible. I honestly don't know why I didn't got with white the first time because the car just POPS with the white stripes. Not only does the white stand out much more, but for some reason the Kona blue also looks more blue in the sun.

I am VERY pleased with the look and receive even more compliments than with the silver stripes. Sorry, I don't have any pictures at all with the white stripes, but if I get a nice day and the car is clean I'll take some and post. (pictures added see below posts)

I would recommend the white on Kona blue and also recommend the little pin stripes outside the wide stripes...it just adds something to the overall look.

The pics here are of the former silver stripes.

Mine a vinyl because paint was too costly for me at three times the cost (quality paint job). If you can afford them, painted stripes will always be better.

Last edited by TrickyRic; 11-06-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Get pictures asap. How much did you have in the white stripes all together, obviously some of it was warrenty, but use the price for the silver and the pinstripe together. Id like to have an idea of what to spend

Thanks
Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

Default pics of white stripes

Here are some pics. Sorry about the flare on the lens, didn't see that when I took them.

and one of the former silver just for comparison:

Old 11-05-2010, 11:04 PM
94GTLaserRC

Youve been waiting over 20 weeks..Get it and enjoy it first..I put a thread asking for opinions on a Black hood decal that just coveres the raised part. 4 out of 5 guys said leave it plain. I usually do it if I like it, but I was convinced to leave it the way it is at least for a bit.

If you do decide to do it, the express graphics (site was posted) has some pretty cool items.
RC
Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 AM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

The silver stripes cost me $500. If I had paid for them via the dealer they would have been $850 and the same person/business would have done the work.

The white stripes were a no additional charge warranty job, including the additional pin stripes.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:39 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

@ TrickyRic I like the white stripes much better than the silver and your car looks great. How about a shot from the rear?

Quick Reply: Stripes for a Kona Blue Mustang