Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Raxiom smoked tails and Roush side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Epicpete

Default Raxiom smoked tails and Roush side skirts

New to Mustangs. I'm looking to buy the Raxiom smoked tails as well as the roush side spliiters ASAP. Any advice or pics showing these installed would help. How about the quality of Raxiom stuff? I'm not one to put Ebay junk on my cars. I'd rather pay a little more for top of the line stuff.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:13 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Epicpete
New to Mustangs. I'm looking to buy the Raxiom smoked tails as well as the roush side spliiters ASAP. Any advice or pics showing these installed would help. How about the quality of Raxiom stuff? I'm not one to put Ebay junk on my cars. I'd rather pay a little more for top of the line stuff.
Hey Epicpete,

Welcome to MustangForums - I'm not sure where in PA you're located but if you're in the Philly area stop on by we're about 15-20 minutes outside. You could definitely get a look at most if not all of Raxioms parts on our project cars.

I'm not sure what color you have either but the Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights are a personal favorite and they're definitely head turner. They're great quality lights and the only thing that I would personally recommend doing if you're going to have them purchased would be to run a thin bead of RTV Silicone sealer around them just to makes sure that they're secure and wont take water. I have a few other "toys" and when I'm picking up any type of lights I do this was all of them!

Let me know if you have any other questions at all, I'm always around to help out!

Alex
Old 02-09-2015, 05:46 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Epicpete
I have both of those parts on my car. The quality is excellent and customer service from AM was excellent. Here are some pics. Note- I cheated a little and tinted just the reverse portion of the tail lights.

Name:  SFLRALJPG_zps989b1e6b.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  96.5 KB
Old 02-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Epicpete

Thanks Alex. I'm in the Lehigh Valley about an hour north of Philly. Where you guys at? I'll definitely take a ride down to check out the place. Im so used to everything being on the west coast it's nice to hear you guys are so close! Now if I could just get that coupon code before having 50 posts...

UPR Sharad. Thanks for the pic. from what I've read hear so far, AM customer service seems amazing. Car looks great. I need to start with some mods before I start driving the car in the spring. Need to make it my own ya know!
Old 02-15-2015, 12:01 AM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

I have the side and rear splitters. IMO the rear splitters, while way over priced, help finish the look. They look great and the quality is very good.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:54 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I would buy a 2011-2012 just to have those lights. Easily the best looking taillights available.

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
I have both of those parts on my car. The quality is excellent and customer service from AM was excellent. Here are some pics. Note- I cheated a little and tinted just the reverse portion of the tail lights.

**** Sharad, your ride is SIIIIIIIIICK!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:56 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CMcNam
I would buy a 2011-2012 just to have those lights. Easily the best looking taillights available.

**** Sharad, your ride is SIIIIIIIIICK!
Thanks brother!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:46 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Wow. That's one nice looking Mustang!! I have that same color and have been on the fence about a black fuel door - and I couldn't find very good examples. It looks really good on yours.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:15 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dkpGTCS
Wow. That's one nice looking Mustang!! I have that same color and have been on the fence about a black fuel door - and I couldn't find very good examples. It looks really good on yours.
Thanks! I had the black 5.0 emblems and antenna, so the black fuel door made sense. They're all UPR parts.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:38 PM
coolasice

sick!

any close up pics of the fuel door? they don't really have any pics of the black on the website

Quick Reply: Raxiom smoked tails and Roush side skirts