Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Windblox convertible windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
LavaRedMCA

Default Windblox convertible windscreen

Just added for our cooler climate up north, cuts down buffeting significantly, couple of pic's:

Old 11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
LavaRedMCA

from the back:

Old 11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
asoka05
1st Gear Member

i like it!

Im also looking for a similar wind deflector like this. However, most of the setup is really too expensive. How much did you pay for this setup please?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
LavaRedMCA

Originally Posted by asoka05
i like it!

Im also looking for a similar wind deflector like this. However, most of the setup is really too expensive. How much did you pay for this setup please?

Thanks
It (the windscreen) was $109 on their website, I got the smoked tint that was $10 extra, plus shipping... having only just gotten it I do have a problem with glare, working with mfg. and will update as not sure if smoked tint, angle or both, here is my issue (see reflection behind passenger headrest of paasenger side mirror where back window is creating a blind spot):

Last edited by LavaRedMCA; 11-11-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 PM
asoka05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LavaRedMCA
It (the windscreen) was $109 on their website, I got the smoked tint that was $10 extra, plus shipping... having only just gotten it I do have a problem with glare, working with mfg. and will update as not sure if smoked tint, angle or both, here is my issue:

oh ****! hahahah! i see the glare too! thats pretty bad..

but considering it is a hard plastic, you wont be able to move the front seat to allow people to have access to the back seats, right? Unless of course, you either move both front seats together, or remove the plastic panel.. ?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:50 PM
LavaRedMCA

oh ****! hahahah! i see the glare too! thats pretty bad..

but considering it is a hard plastic, you wont be able to move the front seat to allow people to have access to the back seats, right? Unless of course, you either move both front seats together, or remove the plastic panel.. ?
this is the the other one I was looking at, more expensive but still less than $300+ for other screen models:

http://www.windblockerse.com

there is enough play to move seat forward and doesn't take much to attach the straps through the slots...
Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM
asoka05
1st Gear Member

this is the the other one I was looking at, more expensive but still less than $300+ for other screen models:

http://www.windblockerse.com

there is enough play to move seat forward and doesn't take much to attach the straps through the slots...
i've seen the video for the windblockerse. According to the video of before and after the install of the windblockerse, the product really does seem to work.

however, I find it hard to justify the asking price of $189 considering it is made out of some straps and mesh. (I know part of the money goes into the actual research and development of the product, but still $189 is a bit pricey. ~$100 is probably the sweet spot).
Old 11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
LavaRedMCA

i've seen the video for the windblockerse. According to the video of before and after the install of the windblockerse, the product really does seem to work.

however, I find it hard to justify the asking price of $189 considering it is made out of some straps and mesh. (I know part of the money goes into the actual research and development of the product, but still $189 is a bit pricey. ~$100 is probably the sweet spot).
That was exactly why I chose the Windblox (mine was $155 with smoke tint and shipping to Canada including exchange)... my only issue is the glare and is not as big a deal with top down... it would be nice to just leave it on as is indicated on website but that is where glare becomes an issue with top up, I don't want to have to be taking on/off if I don't have to, call me lazy.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Thundersteel
2nd Gear Member

I've got the Windblocker SE. You get a 10% discount if you tell them you're a Mustang Forum member.

It's still somewhat expensive, but I chose it over the plexiglass because of the glare issues, as well as not wanting to have a huge piece of plexiglass hanging from my seats.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
asoka05
1st Gear Member

That was exactly why I chose the Windblox (mine was $155 with smoke tint and shipping to Canada including exchange)... my only issue is the glare and is not as big a deal with top down... it would be nice to just leave it on as is indicated on website but that is where glare becomes an issue with top up, I don't want to have to be taking on/off if I don't have to, call me lazy.
Originally Posted by Thundersteel
I've got the Windblocker SE. You get a 10% discount if you tell them you're a Mustang Forum member.

It's still somewhat expensive, but I chose it over the plexiglass because of the glare issues, as well as not wanting to have a huge piece of plexiglass hanging from my seats.
if you guys leave the wind deflectors in the car, with the top down, do you think its risky for it to get stolen?
Considering the fact that it is so easy to be removed..

Quick Reply: Windblox convertible windscreen