Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Rykheart

Default Lighting problem

Brake lights, reverse light, rear turn signal, and interior ambient light in my 2010 seem to be intermittent. They fail to work more often then not. I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem, and if they know what part includes ambient lights and rear lighting?
Old 10-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I suspect that your car's 'Smart Junction Box' got wet inside. It's located behind the passenger side footwell/kick panel.

Have you ever noticed the passenger side carpeting to be wet for no apparent reason?

Norm
Old 10-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Rykheart

I don't notice wet spots, I just bought the car from a used dealer 2 months ago. It was fine for the first month or so. A couple weeks ago I noticed the problem. It was right after my stereo started playing only static in all modes. The lights worked this morning for my ride into work. the stereo never works anymore.. I went inside for a couple minutes, went back out to see if it was still operational, and it wasn't. Think it could be the SJB?
Old 10-30-2017, 10:12 AM
yiannisthegreek
2nd Gear Member

Regardless if it's the smart junction box or not it seems to be a strange issue and one that could become more serious as time goes by.

Do you have any sort of warranty left on the car (factory or extended)? I think since you only bought the car like 2 months ago from a used dealer that you should take it back to them to look at (or to a Ford store) especially if you may have warranty of some kind.

Electrical issues are usually a real pain in the *** to figure out unless they're simple like fuses, resistors or in this case perhaps the smart box but if it's something else... IT COULD BE ANYTHING.

Have it looked at by a professional is my best advice my friend.

Good luck with it...