Notices
3.7L V6 S550 Tech 2015 - 2017 This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Trunk Lid Release Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 AM
Highway Cruiser

Default Trunk Lid Release Question

Been going thru the owners manual trying to learn all I can about our new (to us) 2016 convertible. There's a lot to digest! Anyway, I've not yet found answers to a lot of questions. One of them follows.

Is there a way to disable the trunk lid release button in the car and still have the Fob function work? The reason I ask is because there are times we may park the car for a bit with the top down and want to secure a few things in the trunk.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:13 PM
JimC

On the 2013/14 there was a lock between the rear seat back cushion and the bulkhead that you could lock it out with the key. Don't know about the 2015+
Old 09-21-2017, 07:10 AM
Highway Cruiser

Originally Posted by JimC
On the 2013/14 there was a lock between the rear seat back cushion and the bulkhead that you could lock it out with the key. Don't know about the 2015+
I'm new to this Mustang, having come from an 06 NC1 Miata. On it, there was a button inside the trunk that could be depressed to disable the FOB and the in cabin release button. Then the key could be used in the lid's lock set the old fashioned way. Was the only way to truly secure anything in the vehicle. Of course with this Mustang, that doesn't appear to be an option.

Wondering if the in cabin release button on this Mustang will work without the car's FOB present? Guess I'll have to go give it a try.

It may sound strange to some, but with the Miata I always left the vehicle unlocked, with nothing of value inside. Figured I'd rather have someone open the door rather than break a window or slash the top. Any item of value was locked in the trunk. Thus the reason for my question.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Highway Cruiser

Just answered my own question! For those interested, I discovered that without the key FOB being present, the button on the dash as well as the one above the license plate do NOT work when the car's security mode is enabled. Very nice design feature.