Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Mustang - 3.7 Liter info

Old 06-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Rob3578

Since the dealer didn't have any 'GTs in stock[at the time] I drove a '11 auto V6,and frankly the V6 made my mind up on trading my Cobalt SS in on a GT.While the Cobalt[not stock] was faster than the auto,I could see a manual '11 being pretty close from a roll,and probably quicker from a stop due to traction problems for the Cobalt.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:19 AM
makeitblack

Originally Posted by Rob3578
Since the dealer didn't have any 'GTs in stock[at the time] I drove a '11 auto V6,and frankly the V6 made my mind up on trading my Cobalt SS in on a GT.While the Cobalt[not stock] was faster than the auto,I could see a manual '11 being pretty close from a roll,and probably quicker from a stop due to traction problems for the Cobalt.
i agree man. I traded my 05 ss s/c for a 2011 v6. thinking 3.73's intake exhaust and tune ill be set. Cobalts really do suck lol
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I have a 6MT, I have never noticed any hesitation. But I don't know how the automatics respond.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Miami Carpet Cleaning

Angry VERY ANNOYED ON THE LAG IN ACCELLERATION

I'VE OWN MY NEW 2011 FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW, I DONT DRIVE MUCH BUT WHEN I DO THE LAG IN ACCELLERATION IS DRIVING ME NUTS. IT FEEL LIKE A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM - I HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER BUT I DECIDED TO SEE ONLINE WHO ELSE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

OWENER OF 2011 TRIP BLACK CONVER MUSTANG PREM PACKAGE. PROBLEM SINCE DAY 1 OF PURCHASE.

SALES@MIAMICARPETCLEANING.COM is my email address please send me an email if your having the same problem and any fixes or places on the internet that talk more about this problem.

Thank you,

Michael Branco
Owner Miami Carpet Cleaning
sales@miamicarpetcleaning.com

Originally Posted by iccaveman
I drove a 2011 V6 (new 3.7 liter engine) my dealer has on the lot. When stepping on it (either from a stop or going about 35 mph) the engine hesitated before accelerating. The lag in accelleration was quite annoying. The employees at the dealership also noticed the hesitation when they drove it. I currently have a 2008 V6 and it does not have that problem (old 4.0 liter engine). I have a friend with a Pontiac G6 GTP (about 260 hp) and it really takes off, unlike the 2011 V6 Mustang (with 305 hp). In a 0 to 60 with my watch (not a stop watch), it appeared to be about 6.5 seconds (almost 1.5 seconds slower than Motor Trend’s test).

None of the reviews talk about this problem. Has anyone else driven a 2011 V6? What have you noticed? I am hoping this is an isolated case to this one car as we were planning on trading our 2008 convertible on a 2011 convertible.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 AM
natecydoubleg
1st Gear Member

are you driving an automatic?
if so try the manual, that thing takes off with the 3.31 gear
Old 10-12-2010, 04:39 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

they say if you get a tuner w/ tunes loaded, say from american muscle should resolve most wth the automatic.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:36 PM
konastang11
1st Gear Member

I have a 2011 V6 Auto with a DiabloSports tune and 3:73. The shifts are crisp and fast enough to chirp the tires in the first three gears and pull 0 - 60 times of 4.8 - 5.3, depending if I can hook.

Like others have said, get a tune..and have a blast.

Originally Posted by Miami Carpet Cleaning
I'VE OWN MY NEW 2011 FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW, I DONT DRIVE MUCH BUT WHEN I DO THE LAG IN ACCELLERATION IS DRIVING ME NUTS. IT FEEL LIKE A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM - I HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER BUT I DECIDED TO SEE ONLINE WHO ELSE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

OWENER OF 2011 TRIP BLACK CONVER MUSTANG PREM PACKAGE. PROBLEM SINCE DAY 1 OF PURCHASE.

SALES@MIAMICARPETCLEANING.COM is my email address please send me an email if your having the same problem and any fixes or places on the internet that talk more about this problem.

Thank you,

Michael Branco
Owner Miami Carpet Cleaning
sales@miamicarpetcleaning.com
Old 10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
parkwood6

I own a pony pkg with 3:31s and a manual 6sp. No hesitation at all. My only issue is it takes too long for the revs to come back down in first and second to make shifting comfortable without whiplash. I wonder if a K&N or headers would solve this otherwise, I never had a better car!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:05 PM
gettingspeedy

my '11 v6 manual hesitates after shifting...there are times where i have to double check to make sure i got it in gear, feels like clutch slip or missed gear...... hoping a tune will help
Old 10-18-2010, 12:45 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

The `11 v6`s have a very limited amount of power available at low rpm`s. They are not quick and snappy at low speed when in normal drive. The response to throttle inputs seems slow as tranny has to change gears just to get you moving. Around town these just don`t have the light, sporty feel we might like, especially the verts with 2.73 gears.

Other than this, I have no response or lag troubles. I have a tune and soon 3.55 gears. Tune helped some, gear will help more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang - 3.7 Liter info