Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Mustang - 3.7 Liter info

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

as snaf2u said, these cars make all there power up top when variable timing kicks in, the gears will be your best bet to get you into that power band faster, and all Fords have automaitcs that lag. A tune will help a lot making less lag and firmer shifts.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 PM
engineman

I am not a cloth top guy, but I do know that the body and frame on a convertible have to have a lot more steel in the doors sides of the fenders trunk. And still the rag top will flex a great deal in the corners and down the drag strip also. With that said, the reason why they do not offer the performance package to the rag top Mustangs. More power more chassis flex, the unibody will crack over time at best without more power. But to add even more to it, will cause the frame to twist and warp. So.. enjoy your convertible like it is meant to be. Hair blowing in the wind on a nice night out on the town, with a car load of beautiful women. That's how it's supposed to be done in a beautiful convertible Mustang. All the best to you man.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:00 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by engineman
I am not a cloth top guy, but I do know that the body and frame on a convertible have to have a lot more steel in the doors sides of the fenders trunk. And still the rag top will flex a great deal in the corners and down the drag strip also. With that said, the reason why they do not offer the performance package to the rag top Mustangs. More power more chassis flex, the unibody will crack over time at best without more power. But to add even more to it, will cause the frame to twist and warp. So.. enjoy your convertible like it is meant to be. Hair blowing in the wind on a nice night out on the town, with a car load of beautiful women. That's how it's supposed to be done in a beautiful convertible Mustang. All the best to you man.
While it is the thought that counts - I think it might be missed in this case. This thread is four years old....it is a bit late in the game to be weighing in.

Buuut, welcome to the forum!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:40 PM
engineman

Smile

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
While it is the thought that counts - I think it might be missed in this case. This thread is four years old....it is a bit late in the game to be weighing in.

Buuut, welcome to the forum!
Yes After I had posted a response, I realized the topic was four years old. LOL.:icon smile:
Old 07-30-2014, 04:31 PM
engineman

I know this is an old story about the 2011 Mustangs but here we go. I test drove a v-6 automatic, and experienced hesitation from the 2.75 rear end, and from the wide ratio split between each gear change. The engine never missed a beat, The gearing space causes the engine to not pull as hard as it could if the gears in the rear were say 3.31 would get ride of any waiting on the revs to come up to the sweet spot for each gear change.