Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

How to: Turn off advance trac.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Default How to: Turn off advance trac.

I have seen many threads lately for the new mustangs about the advance track not allowing people to race their car to the fullest potential...

This process must be done with the car on and with you pressing the brakes..
The way around this is to FIRST turn off traction control. You do this by pressing the button once... SECOND you must hold the traction control down for about 6 seconds and you will see the advance track turn off. All this while holding the brakes..

Now all you have to do is let her rip!

Hope this helps a few people out!

For additional help refer to my post number 28 for further assistance.

Here is a video!

Last edited by GTRACER88; 09-01-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Added more information
Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

so you mean turn on the car, hold down traction control switch for 6 seconds and everything is off?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:10 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

No.. Sorry.. Hold the brakes down.. the whole time. While the car is on and running press the button once to turn off traction control (press and release). The after the TC is off now press and hold the TC button and the advance trac will turn off (Press and hold for 6 seconds). All this while holding the brakes.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 AM
TMODEM

Works for me!! Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 09:27 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Yep. pressing once only turns off traction control leaving stability control active, holding it down until the light comes on de-activates the stability control as well. I'm surprised alot of people still don't know this. It seems it comes up in quite a few threads. You should ask a mod to sticky it here as well as the 05-10 v6 section.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

TC is for wusses. What ever happened to learning how to drive and handle the car? There's a time and place for everything and TC isn't for when you want to do some "spirited driving".

And don't even get me started on backup cameras...
Old 07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
TC is for wusses. What ever happened to learning how to drive and handle the car? There's a time and place for everything and TC isn't for when you want to do some "spirited driving".

Right on Nuke
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Things like TC and ABS will save your life when trying to avoid an accident.

I only think backup cameras are a necessity on trucks, it makes lining up a trailer a simple task that you can do on your own rather than someone yelling which way to turn and how much distance you have.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
Things like TC and ABS will save your life when trying to avoid an accident.

I only think backup cameras are a necessity on trucks, it makes lining up a trailer a simple task that you can do on your own rather than someone yelling which way to turn and how much distance you have.
I agree with ABS but I've been in some close calls when TC cuts out the throttle
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Traction Control should be automatically off, and say if its raining or the weather is bad, you should be able to turn it on. Im going to write a letter to Ford haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to: Turn off advance trac.