Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

steeda CAI

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 08:42 PM
stang11v6
2nd Gear Member

Default steeda CAI

Friday I ordered the Steeda strut tower brace to put on my car. While I had he on the line I asked if he knew when they were going to come out with their CAI for the 2011 V6. He told me Oct 1st they were going to release it. He also said they already have a tuner.
That means to me I will be ordering a CAI asap when they are out along with a tuner. I will be installing 3.73 gears then too. I want it all done at the same time. Hopefully a underdrive pulley wont be far behind.

Anyone else think they will get the Steeda CAI with tuner?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:56 AM
bym
1st Gear Member

I want to,,,, prices?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:52 AM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

I'm going with a JLT CAI , and we'll see on the tuner.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 PM
stang11v6
2nd Gear Member

well i never got the steeda CAI as they did not come out with it yet. I got the C&L from AM. And with that they told me that last week it was suppose to be in. That did not happen. I called AM and they said mid this week. Well today is mid week and it is not there. Go two more days to go. Getting close to end of month now. Oh well, eventually i will get it I guess. They all need to sell, patients with their orders. LOL
Old 10-20-2010, 07:35 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

why I never ordered tuner back when said they had, cause called and they told me only had 5.0 at the time when website said they had.....now that I waited...I hear now they have newer tunes now, so curious how better they are? but with the $1200 damage I had today....$200 is my cost,and switchin from embarq snail dsl to roadrunner and dumping dish network that's running up the bills upcoming...got to wait, I need to do like 88, I need to take to WOT see if clutch stays down.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:56 AM
twohitta

Originally Posted by stang11v6
well i never got the steeda CAI as they did not come out with it yet. I got the C&L from AM. And with that they told me that last week it was suppose to be in. That did not happen. I called AM and they said mid this week. Well today is mid week and it is not there. Go two more days to go. Getting close to end of month now. Oh well, eventually i will get it I guess. They all need to sell, patients with their orders. LOL
I got my C&L intake from AM yesterday. I ordered on Sept. 27th and it finally shipped on Tuesday. I paid for next day shipping which is why it came so quick after they finally got them. Another guy on a different forum also got a shipping confirmation on Tuesday so I would think others will be getting them soon.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Did AM send you a tracking number?

Just curious because I received an "order accepted" email and it says "shipped" but there was no tracking number in the email.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by twohitta
I got my C&L intake from AM yesterday. I ordered on Sept. 27th and it finally shipped on Tuesday. I paid for next day shipping which is why it came so quick after they finally got them. Another guy on a different forum also got a shipping confirmation on Tuesday so I would think others will be getting them soon.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:18 PM
twohitta

Originally Posted by Funster_2011V6
Did AM send you a tracking number?

Just curious because I received an "order accepted" email and it says "shipped" but there was no tracking number in the email.

Thanks.
I got two emails. The first one said order approved with all the details of the order. Then I received another email later in the day with the UPS tracking number.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:22 PM
stang11v6
2nd Gear Member

A little disappointed. I had ordered my SCT and C&L from AM. Got the SCT tuner. Of course no tunes on it. Had to call BAMA at AM to get my tunes emailed. Got that done and loaded in car. But no C&L. On 10-11-10 called Bama and asked about CAI. Was told mid that week should get in. Wanted it delivered and my son who leaves for Army training 10-25-10 wanted to help install. Father and son thing. Call mid that week, no CAI. Was told end of that week. Called 10-15 no CAi. Was told mid this week. Called 10-20 no CAI was told friday. I said ship overnight so my son and I can install Saturday. Called this morning was told later today should be in. Call 4:30 today, no CAI. Though I think they are polite people all I got was stories. So I called them today and cancelled my C&L CAI with them. Think I will just wait for the Steeda one though it is more, I like it.

gues you win some and loose some.

Last edited by stang11v6; 10-22-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Radioguy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang11v6
Friday I ordered the Steeda strut tower brace to put on my car. While I had he on the line I asked if he knew when they were going to come out with their CAI for the 2011 V6. He told me Oct 1st they were going to release it. He also said they already have a tuner.
That means to me I will be ordering a CAI asap when they are out along with a tuner. I will be installing 3.73 gears then too. I want it all done at the same time. Hopefully a underdrive pulley wont be far behind.

Anyone else think they will get the Steeda CAI with tuner?
Interesting results from Steeda and SCT on the Coyote V8 engine.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...pak/index.html

Results are about the same as the Ford Racing Tune. 16-17HP in some parts of the range and about 13-15 lb-ft torque in some parts of the curve. However, Steeda/SCT not showing the big torque gains, at the low revs, that Ford said they got with their TIVCT changes. Looks like Steeda, SCT and the magazine confirmed the results.

Quick Reply: steeda CAI