Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 V6 Manual Clutch Recall Maybe

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Default 2011 V6 Manual Clutch Recall Maybe

Not me stating this, I saw on modded mustang site looked like some took their cars in already to fix.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...l-recalls.html

2011 mustang v6 manual RECALLS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys just got word from my service Rep about my car and he said he contacted Ford engineering and there is a pressure plate issue on the manual 2011 v6 mustangs! I have had this issue 3 times and the problem is the bolts on the pressure plate coming loose which causes the clutch to lose free play so the clutch engages right off of the floor and makes it hard to get in and out of gear! If you have a 2011 mustang v6 manual take it to your dealer and tell them to contact Ford so they can get the issue fixed! If it hasn't happened to your car yet its just a matter of time and miles, I've had my car since late June and put almost 9k miles on it so thats probably why I've had this happen to me 3 times! Mine is going to be in the shop for two weeks at least until the part comes in maybe longer which sucks but they are putting me in a nice fully loaded fusion until then. My Rep told me Ford said all the manual 2011 v6 mustangs have this bad designed part so u may want to take yours in! Just a heads up guys!

Last edited by 6+6 Stang; 10-18-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Well that's not what I wanted to hear.
I only have about 1600 miles on my V6 and the clutch feels and operates ok so far, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary yet.
How about you 6+6 how many miles do you have on your mustang and how is your clutch feeling, operating?
That post says there is an "issue" concerning the 2011 V6 clutches, but not an official recall yet?
And the current "fix" from Ford is just replacing the pressure plate with another OEM one or is Ford replacing the faulty pressure plate with an updated "fixed" pressure plate?

Hmmmmm, I wonder how long it will be before Spec will make a Stage 1 clutch for the 2011 V6 mustangs.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 AM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

I read that this is only for mustangs assembled before april 25th.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:19 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

well I got 3300 miles it has jumped out of gear once but I may have not had in gear all the way........but could this be our shutter issue we seem to all complain about when we let off gas,,....I'll be calling ford today though, bought mine in july so got to find built date...
Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

RAN MY VIN ON FORD SITE.....GOT THIS.. I found a link as Xd said about build

http://www.examiner.com/autos-in-det...-recall-coming

2011 Ford Mustang
Currently, there are no listed recalls for your vehicle

update....I just looked on my door jam it says 4/2010.....not the exact date so I'm taking to dealer to talk about this...mine got to dealer in mid july so if you got one before july chance are weas built before april...

this is the issue............so may be pretty obvious, but they official say '11 5.0,not v6 ...?

Some 2011 Mustangs built on or before 4/25/2010 with a manual transmission and low mileage, typically 10,000 miles or less (16, 093 Km), may exhibit a clutch pedal Stayout condition at very high RPM. This condition will generate a concern of the clutch pedal remaining on the floor during high RPM shifts. When engine RPM drops, clutch pedal operation returns to normal, but the re-engagement may be abrupt

Last edited by 6+6 Stang; 10-19-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

going to work.......I can not find a site where shows complete build date, can someone see what they can find please.....1ZVBP8AM2B5107574
Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 AM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
RAN MY VIN ON FORD SITE.....GOT THIS.. I found a link as Xd said about build

http://www.examiner.com/autos-in-det...-recall-coming

2011 Ford Mustang
Currently, there are no listed recalls for your vehicle

update....I just looked on my door jam it says 4/2010.....not the exact date so I'm taking to dealer to talk about this...mine got to dealer in mid july so if you got one before july chance are weas built before april...

this is the issue............so may be pretty obvious, but they official say '11 5.0,not v6 ...?

Some 2011 Mustangs built on or before 4/25/2010 with a manual transmission and low mileage, typically 10,000 miles or less (16, 093 Km), may exhibit a clutch pedal Stayout condition at very high RPM. This condition will generate a concern of the clutch pedal remaining on the floor during high RPM shifts. When engine RPM drops, clutch pedal operation returns to normal, but the re-engagement may be abrupt
Hmmm, in that article it states that to correct the problem your dealers service technicians will be replacing the brake pedal and bracket assembly and it is listed as charging 8 tenths of an hour…so expect the fix to take an hour or two.
Weird, I thought this was a clutch issue.

I know that my Mustang was built after April 25th, because I placed my order for it on May 6th, and it probably didn't get assembled until around mid to late June, because I took delivery of it on July 22nd.

Nevertheless, I'll keep an eye how the clutch feels and is operating and at the first sign of a problem I'll bring it to the dealer to get it fixed.

I'm also still hoping that SPEC clutches will be producing a Stage 1 clutch & flywheel setup for the 11' V6's real soon.

6+6 try calling Ford Customer Service to find out your build date.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 AM
koolponycar
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up build date

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
well I got 3300 miles it has jumped out of gear once but I may have not had in gear all the way........but could this be our shutter issue we seem to all complain about when we let off gas,,....I'll be calling ford today though, bought mine in july so got to find built date...
I tried to get into fords web site for TBS and recalls, no luck. I called the dealer I purchased mine from and there is a TBS for the clutch sticking, and they only do anything if your experiencing a problem. On my drivers door my date is 05/10. I only have 1800 miles on mine. No problems yet. I did purchase a 6year/60,000 mile extended bumper to bumper warranry through Ford just because this was a first year mustang. I usally don't buy those kind of warranties, but it just might pay off if something happens later since I don't drive mine everyday. I purcashed my car 2nd week of June. On the other issue about the pressure plate bolts coming loose, I could not find anything out about that. I called more than one dealer and no recalls yet. 6+6 I wrote your vin# down in case I can find a site or someone to track any issues I will check yours and post it. No luck yet. Thanks for the post though, thats the only way to find and keep informed about potential problems.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:33 AM
koolponycar
1st Gear Member

Smile Where did you read this

Originally Posted by xenocide
I read that this is only for mustangs assembled before april 25th.
Can you give us the site where you read about this build date? Thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 07:37 AM
koolponycar
1st Gear Member

Default Sorry I spoke to soon

Originally Posted by koolponycar
Can you give us the site where you read about this build date? Thanks
I just realized the Article was posted, so disregard my question. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2011 V6 Manual Clutch Recall Maybe