Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New V6 Member/Owner - Couple quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:07 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Default New V6 Member/Owner - Couple quick questions

Hello. Excited to finally have the 2011 V6 Premium in my possession. Went with the Performance Package and Comfort Package. It is so much fun in this new car.

I have a couple quick questions I'm hoping the crowd could help me with.

First is the shift ****. Want to swap the leather/plastic stock **** for one like the GT has. Does anyone know, is this a direct swap and is it more than part? It looks like the boot on the GT narrows a bit more where it meets up with a silver sleeve underneath the shift ****.

Second is related to the suspension. So far I'm pretty impressed. One thing however is I guess I sort of assumed the perfomance package for some reason would appear lower. I'm a little shocked at the wheel gap. Don't get me wrong, I like the way it rides and corners. Would just like to get it to a more agressive stance without sacrificing the reliablity and peformance of the existing setup. So this is really a couple questions within a question.
  • Regarding the V6 performance package from the factory. It says "includes GT coupe suspension". Does that encompass every single suspension component that comes stock on the GT? If so, and I go looking for lowering springs or even the full Suspension Pack lets say for instance at FRP, would I then look at the suspension pack for a GT?
  • Is the performance package from the factory the same or similar suspension components to what's sold on the FRP site? Is the V6 with performance package even lowered at all?

Thanks for any help. Apreciate your assistance and I look forward to contributing to threads in the future.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Shoot, sorry, first post = fail on my part. Should've posted this in the suspension/handling section. Sorry.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:46 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

For the shifter **** you could order a Roush shifter **** in black or white, it comes with a new shifter boot and jam nut and is easy to install.
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1514

I don't know much about what suspension parts come with the performance package, but if you can afford it I recommend that you look into the Ford Racing Handling Pack for the 11' V6 Coupe.
http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...m-fr3-mv6a.htm

I just recently had this handling pack installed on my mustang and I'm extremely pleased with it's performance.
Here's a link to my thread about it.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/3-7l...her-items.html

Last edited by GTS 3.7L; 11-02-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTS 3.7L
For the shifter **** you could order a Roush shifter **** in black or white, it comes with a new shifter boot and jam nut and is easy to install.
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1514

I don't know much about what suspension parts come with the performance package, but if you can afford it I recommend that you look into the Ford Racing Handling Pack for the 11' V6 Coupe.
http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...m-fr3-mv6a.htm

I just recently had this handling pack installed on my mustang and I'm extremely pleased with it's performance.
Here's a link to my thread about it.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/3-7l...her-items.html

Great tip on the shift ****. I think that looks like the best route to take.

I like the stance your car has. That looks great. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Regarding lowering springs you want the ones for the v6 the gt weighs more especially upfront, I believe but not sure because I have a 10 that the transmission is the same between v6 & gt for 11 not the case for 10 unless you have an auto sorry I digress! The shifter **** should fit, but why not upgrade?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. I ordered the Roush shift **** with boot. Regarding the springs I'm going to stay with the lifted look for now and plan to go with either the suspension kit from Ford Racing or some KW V3 coilovers in the Spring.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:45 AM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

When your installing the shifter **** kit, make sure you back out the set allen screw on the boot retailer (the aluminum collar that slides onto the shifter shaft) before you try to install it on the shifter shaft and it will slide onto the shaft easily.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
V6.P.Pack

As an owner of a Perf. package Mustang, I am not aware that our cars are any lower then other Mustangs.

P.S. use the Adv/Traction control its worth it.
Step on the brake and hit the traction control button 2x's FYI

Enjoy