Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Bassani Exhaust for us

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 PM
makeitblack

Default Bassani Exhaust for us

hey guys
I got a call from Bassani today, there going to be using my car next week to do some prototype work for our cars exhaust. By the end of next week i should have it on there. There also talking in the future doing headers, high flow cats, x pipe, whole deal so this should be interesting.

Bassani Exhaust With Axle Back.. Headers and back soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbcCN...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yuEy7rIrV8

Freeway Cruising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXT7X...eature=related

Last edited by makeitblack; 12-01-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:01 AM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

thats' great to hear.

American Racing is doing headers, and probaly cats and xpipe, they were going to start in about 2 weeks.

I think next year will be good for our cars.

With the 5.0 and Sema, a lot of companies focused on that.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

good to know companies are starting to look into develpment for the V6
Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
makeitblack

I dont want to quote them on anything, but there predicting a 20-30hp gain changing the headers and everything back. I dont know what took them so long lol Ill get a vid up next week of the mufflers they choose
Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by makeitblack
I dont want to quote them on anything, but there predicting a 20-30hp gain changing the headers and everything back. I dont know what took them so long lol Ill get a vid up next week of the mufflers they choose
BBK is in those numbers. So woudln't doubt it. however that would be great at a nice chunk of change.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
makeitblack

dropped her off today, looks like Wednesday ill have it back with X pipe, and axle back. keep ya updated
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM
makeitblack

here is a vid bassani made with the axle back only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbcCNwrWbD0
Old 11-23-2010, 04:10 PM
koolponycar
1st Gear Member

Default Sounds Good

Hey, sounds really good. Any drone with just the axlebacks? I would like to hear a take off from behind with just these. Do you know how much we can buy the axlebacks for? What are the dimensions? length, round? These appear to be somewhat of a straight through design and look similar to the Borlas that we can't get a decent video of. Thanks for the info and good quality video. I am intrested in these and would surely buy anthing over Borlas, just because of their lack of customer service to the v6 community.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Alien
1st Gear Member

it doesnt sound bad, but I think it sounds a bit low, id like something a bit louder
Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 PM
makeitblack

Originally Posted by koolponycar
Hey, sounds really good. Any drone with just the axlebacks? I would like to hear a take off from behind with just these. Do you know how much we can buy the axlebacks for? What are the dimensions? length, round? These appear to be somewhat of a straight through design and look similar to the Borlas that we can't get a decent video of. Thanks for the info and good quality video. I am intrested in these and would surely buy anthing over Borlas, just because of their lack of customer service to the v6 community.
Hey
The exhaust has been on my car for a day now, that i have had it. I get no drone. Freeway cruising is quiet. I will say if you have 2.73's and your in 6th gear going 55 (lol) your not only bogging your car but you get a little drone.. nothing bad and i doubt anyone is doing 55 in 6th on 2.7's. Ill get some vids done this weekend as long as the weather is decent.

The mufflers are a straight thru design. Im going to have to double check, but i believe the inlet is 2.5in im going to have to measure the inlet. Ill grab some pics of it to. The Bassani Logo on the top of the tips is cool to. Unfortunately i do not know cost but you can hit bassani up at www.bassani.com and call or e-mail them im sure.

In all honesty man, i love this exhaust. I had to go to school tonight and I could barely sit there just waiting to hear this thing move. When you smash on it, heads turn. It really sound like a awesome hot v6 muscle commin your way.

Last edited by makeitblack; 11-23-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust for us