Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Bassani Exhaust for us

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
makeitblack

Originally Posted by Alien
it doesnt sound bad, but I think it sounds a bit low, id like something a bit louder
When I saw the vid I thought the same thing. Then I went and picked up the car and im sold. Idle its pretty quiet, you can still hear it but not much from the driver seat. I admit, bassani did not really drive my car hard and I appreciate it. But it dosn't show all the exhaust is really doing. It gets pretty loud. Not the loudest exhaust ive ever heard, but remember straight through muffs are generally pretty loud. Ill get some more vids up this week with me driving, and see what ya think

I also got to take a look at some of the header work their doing. If you get bassani headers you will be able to connect either the 2.5in exhaust or a 3in exhaust. the 3in being if you go boosted. Im sure the headers and X pipe there designing is going to make it a bit louder to.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by makeitblack
When I saw the vid I thought the same thing. Then I went and picked up the car and im sold. Idle its pretty quiet, you can still hear it but not much from the driver seat. I admit, bassani did not really drive my car hard and I appreciate it. But it dosn't show all the exhaust is really doing. It gets pretty loud. Not the loudest exhaust ive ever heard, but remember straight through muffs are generally pretty loud. Ill get some more vids up this week with me driving, and see what ya think

I also got to take a look at some of the header work their doing. If you get bassani headers you will be able to connect either the 2.5in exhaust or a 3in exhaust. the 3in being if you go boosted. Im sure the headers and X pipe there designing is going to make it a bit louder to.
good to know

I am holding out on buying an exhaust since I want to by a full exhaust system from the getgo.

Hopefully they have a good price for it.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
stangs-R-me

Originally Posted by makeitblack
Hey
The exhaust has been on my car for a day now, that i have had it. I get no drone. Freeway cruising is quiet. I will say if you have 2.73's and your in 6th gear going 55 (lol) your not only bogging your car but you get a little drone.. nothing bad and i doubt anyone is doing 55 in 6th on 2.73's.
I've got 2.73's & MT and when in traffic, I'll run whatever gear I'm in down to around 1000 RPM before downshifting. 1000 RPM is definitely "bogging" but 1340 RPM (6th @ 55 MPH), I'd have to disagree with you !!

1000 RPM in ...
6th = 41 MPH
5th = 28 MPH

So I'm typically in 6th at 45 MPH or 5th @ 30 MPH if it is just steady traffic.

Not like I drive like an old lady though ... I have fun with it off the line and accellerating out of a turn but what's the point in revving out gears as you cruise along in traffic ??

Anyway, this is the style muffler I'm looking for and they look real nice ... to me half the reason to swap out my exhaust is to eliminate the big ugly oval cans hanging down below the diaper !!

So there really IS drone below 1400 RPM ?? Typically drone happens higher up like @ 2k or so.

Doug
Old 11-24-2010, 03:57 PM
makeitblack

Originally Posted by stangs-R-me
I've got 2.73's & MT and when in traffic, I'll run whatever gear I'm in down to around 1000 RPM before downshifting. 1000 RPM is definitely "bogging" but 1340 RPM (6th @ 55 MPH), I'd have to disagree with you !!

1000 RPM in ...
6th = 41 MPH
5th = 28 MPH

So I'm typically in 6th at 45 MPH or 5th @ 30 MPH if it is just steady traffic.

Not like I drive like an old lady though ... I have fun with it off the line and accellerating out of a turn but what's the point in revving out gears as you cruise along in traffic ??

Anyway, this is the style muffler I'm looking for and they look real nice ... to me half the reason to swap out my exhaust is to eliminate the big ugly oval cans hanging down below the diaper !!

So there really IS drone below 1400 RPM ?? Typically drone happens higher up like @ 2k or so.

Doug
ya know, let me revise that. I was going up hill, and I've not had the exhaust 24 hours yet, so i havent really had any freeway time. I do notice NO drone when launching slow or fast, low or high rpm. Ill get a video done this week. Ill also take some notes while driving concerning these things so i can address them more properly.

As to your question drone below 1400rpm, no. Nor above..
Honestly, i didint even think of drone until you guys asked, though i am looking for any flaws, or annoyances...im finding none. In fact im really impressed.

I agree the stock mufflers are very ugly lol. I painted them black so they were less visible. The bassani muffler hides a hell lot better. lol @ diaper. I was walking out of work, and one of the guys noticed the bassani exhaust tips and kept saying how great it looked.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 AM
stangs-R-me

Cool ... can't wait to hear more details, thanks !!

Doug
Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM
makeitblack

I have other videos waiting to be uploaded, of interior noise.. but it will be a little later tonight.

Doug your right about RPM's in those gears..my mistake man. I put her into 6th and drove around for quite a while so i can check out your world of driving lol. No drone. Actually it was quieter cruising around like that. I have a vid of me doing 80 in 6th and you can barely hear the exhaust. Then i drop it down and get on it, you can hear it good. but until then!!! lol This is a great daily driver exhaust, it dosnt get annoying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yuEy7rIrV8
Old 11-27-2010, 08:07 AM
stangs-R-me

Well done video ... thanks !!

Tips protrude out of bumper cover similar to stock (rather than FURTHER like some), and those mufflers hide behind the diaper pretty well too ... well done Bassani.

Sounds pretty darn good too !!

Doug
Old 11-27-2010, 06:23 PM
makeitblack

^^ thanks!

for those who care just a freeway cruising in 6th going 80, drop into 3rd for a second, then back to 6th.. What im trying to accomplish is how quiet it is on the freeway and drone free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXT7X...=youtube_gdata
Old 11-27-2010, 07:44 PM
koolponycar
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up sounds just right

Thanks for taking your time and doing these good quality videos. I think the Bassani axle backs are a happy medium for overall performance and eveyday driving. Their just loud enough more so than stock at all stages, idle, takeoff and slightly inside. But not to much so that you can still hear and function normal without a bunch of vibration, drone and the dreaded bumble bee sound. I'll check back for the rest of your videos. Thanks again!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 AM
makeitblack

Originally Posted by koolponycar
Thanks for taking your time and doing these good quality videos. I think the Bassani axle backs are a happy medium for overall performance and eveyday driving. Their just loud enough more so than stock at all stages, idle, takeoff and slightly inside. But not to much so that you can still hear and function normal without a bunch of vibration, drone and the dreaded bumble bee sound. I'll check back for the rest of your videos. Thanks again!
you pretty much summed it up right there. - anyone else notice this looks like a old camaro? lol

Bassani should have some more vids out with the headers/full exhaust. If not, ill get something up when i get the car back. thanks everyone on the compliments to. The axle back i was told is available, i do not know price, contact bassani and ask them. (im sure it wont be long until you see it avail on the net).

Last edited by makeitblack; 12-01-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust for us