Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

by when will the 2012 mustang info be released

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

The bottom line, don't let performance decide what muscle car you want to buy. Camaro's, Challenger's, and Mustang's are ALL plenty fast. It all depends on which car YOU like, so go see all three in person, test drive them all, and at the end of the day sleep on it and then decide which one is right for you.

Me, I think the Camaro looks mean as he**, the Challenger looks retro and just amazing, the Mustang looks like a modern day muscle car. The only reason I got a Mustang was because I absolutely love the looks of it.

Unless you are strictly performance person, then MUSTANG is the way to go.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

In my mind, the best car in terms of retro cool factor is the challenger. Now, I didn't grow up when the muscle car scene was going on, but I watched a lot of du kes of hazard. The lines of the challenger make me think of those cars, but the new one is nothing cutting edge in terms of drivetrain.

The new camaro does nothing for me, and the interior looks and feels like worse than Tupperware.

The mustang has reasonably retro looks while still being modern, and the new power plants are finally shutting up the euros in terms of power for displacement.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:22 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

For me the Challenger looks like a perfect retro muscle car and the Mustang looks exactly like a modern muscle car should look like. The Camaro like I said looks really mean and sick/sexy. There is just something about the Challenger that looks incomplete to me, I just can't put my finger on it.

I absolutely, no holds barred <3 my 2011 Mustang.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Sexgun

i would not even consider a camaro or challenger , id rather just stick to the car i have now if that was the case lol.

mustang 100% but , since its the first year for this drivetrain , im wondering if by next year it will be refined further , so i can have an adequate down payment.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:28 AM
decipha
2nd Gear Member

why even bother with the stock power figures? get the vehicle you want that best suits your needs and if your not satisfied with it performance wise then make it faster, heh its only money

just because it came from the factory running 12s doesn't mean it has to sit in your driveway as a 12 second car, it doesn't take but a few thousand dollars to strap a supercharger on a 5.0 and run 10s, take it a step further with a turbo and the results are endless
Old 12-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Grabber2012

Mustang 2012: Don't forget the new colors Yellow Blaze and Lava Red for the base, Ace.

The Challenger looks uncannily like the 1970-71 namesake. But if you park the current and 70s Challenger side by side, no dimension is the same...they did a masterpiece of design illusion!

The one thing I would lament from my early driving years is the end of 10^9 possible order combinations. In 1970, you would go to the Dodge dealer, attempt to order any trim, color, axle ratio, power steering or not, engine, striping, vinyl top/not, and more than likely the factory would figure it out the week of build. Ford was only slightly less flexible, and we all know how confusing RS/SS/console/no console/retracting headlights/plain headlights talk is among Camaro rivet-counters at car shows. Try any of that now. You can't even get the fleet-only plug-in engine heater on a 2012 Mustang as a private buyer.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:23 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I was just mentioning interior changes, and I don't really like those colors haha. :P
Old 12-19-2010, 12:25 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Have you installed the Sync Updates?
Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 PM
j0nx
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Sync does work with Android phones, I used to have one and it worked just fine. And I think the only changes on the 2012 V6 is lighted vanity mirrors and integrated garage door opener.
As always sync is HIGHLY dependent on the brand of phone not on the OS itself. My EVO had nothing but trouble with sync. Between the constant BT disconnections and the skipping it was all but unusable with my car. I sold it on craigslist for what I paid for it and then went back to an iphone4 which works perfectly again. The Android OS itself has nothing to do with how sync will react with your phone. All I can say is avoid an EVO like the plague if you ever want to use BT reliably with sync.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:23 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

If the Challenger had a vert I would be driving one of them. Being 69 years old the `cuda, Charger, Challenger were my favorites when they were at their peak. I did and still do love the look. I drove the RT Chally and found I liked it.

When the wife and I decided to sell our boat and get a "sporty" car we decided a vert was actually what we wanted. We had a `65 Mustang vert and immediately looked that way. We bought an `07 v6 but when we drove the `11 we had to have that.

We are very happy with the `Stang but I still look at the Challenger with lust in my heart!

Quick Reply: by when will the 2012 mustang info be released