Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

my 2011 6cyl in shop tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Yeah been great, guy at work says it was my overhead cam going LOL, i said what, i feel in pedal? I feel beaking loose under car, then something jetting out the back, no oil, no smoke, grinding in pedal...I have not heard from Ford yet? but will call in a few.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:43 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

So it's the motor?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Right now my guess fly wheel, clutch, tranny area, they had a day now will not look at until tomorrow and no loaner so far
Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Well last word was, Hey Jerry drove the car looked it over and had no symptoms at all, seems fine!!! Thats when I took a breath and said, I told you, it shook while sitting idle, let clutch out in neutral, car still shaking, floor around firewall shaking...took off, grinding and shaking...got worse, then backed off, 2 miles from dealer something broke loose seemed as if hit bottom on floor towards center line of car, felt as if when out the back of car, buut looking in mirror saw nothing, then car was smooth as a new car, seemed to not lag, slip, seemed fine, drove 1 more mile to dealer all normal, but what went on was from normal, the words I hated to hear with a car under warranty....if we tear this down and find nothing you incur all charges.....WTF I said....so if I think this was all in my mind, I should drive until I break down cause now you got me almost believing there is no issue? I said BS, I am not risking my safety cause now you are making me second guess what I think is wrong, I am not a mechanic but we all work on our cars enough on the forum and keep each other abreast of every quirk, I am 100% sure there is a issue and think it is same issue funster was talking about bolts backing out, I think bolts or something were coming out and the noise at end was something being sheared off and ended up in bottom of bell housing and flywheel is missing some studs now....not loaner car, 2 days not results yet, tomorrow I'll either be told my imagination or they be ordering parts, but they said there are notes about clutch pedal bolts loose, but my argument loose or not, how do you account for the shaking in neutral and driving without pressing pedal in?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottybaccus
I've got 8600 miles on mine and no issues at all, except for this rash...

It itches pretty bad.

Guess I'll ask my dealer about it.
17,000 miles, 91 BAMA race tune, auto tranny, no issues here.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:29 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
Well last word was, Hey Jerry drove the car looked it over and had no symptoms at all, seems fine!!! Thats when I took a breath and said, I told you, it shook while sitting idle, let clutch out in neutral, car still shaking, floor around firewall shaking...took off, grinding and shaking...got worse, then backed off, 2 miles from dealer something broke loose seemed as if hit bottom on floor towards center line of car, felt as if when out the back of car, buut looking in mirror saw nothing, then car was smooth as a new car, seemed to not lag, slip, seemed fine, drove 1 more mile to dealer all normal, but what went on was from normal, the words I hated to hear with a car under warranty....if we tear this down and find nothing you incur all charges.....WTF I said....so if I think this was all in my mind, I should drive until I break down cause now you got me almost believing there is no issue? I said BS, I am not risking my safety cause now you are making me second guess what I think is wrong, I am not a mechanic but we all work on our cars enough on the forum and keep each other abreast of every quirk, I am 100% sure there is a issue and think it is same issue funster was talking about bolts backing out, I think bolts or something were coming out and the noise at end was something being sheared off and ended up in bottom of bell housing and flywheel is missing some studs now....not loaner car, 2 days not results yet, tomorrow I'll either be told my imagination or they be ordering parts, but they said there are notes about clutch pedal bolts loose, but my argument loose or not, how do you account for the shaking in neutral and driving without pressing pedal in?
I wonder if it has anything to do with the gears not seating in place, then that 'clunk' was them actually reseating? Long shot....
Old 10-05-2011, 04:53 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

I would agree if was a clunk...it was more like a # 10 can full of bolts being thrown under the car, but not seeing the results out the mirror?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Sounds like some typical dealer BS. Please keep us posted, as Im fixin to haul mine in to the dealer myself. Haven't had anything major happen, yet, but things are just funky with the tranny. Good luck buddy!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

wow man I hope you get this straight..Good luck!!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Yeah can hardly wait for tomorrow, has this been a awful week, geek squad just called, $500 to fix my $300 laptop, which I turned down lol

Quick Reply: my 2011 6cyl in shop tranny problem