Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Pony Package wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
ibihab
1st Gear Member

Default 2011 Pony Package wheel

I bought a 2011 V6 Premium with the Pony Package last month. The car is used but in pretty good condition, at least so I can tell so far.

There is one issue that I noticed RIGHT AWAY when I bought it. It had one wheel that has a bad case of curb rash. It really was worse than I thought. There are deep gouges that I cannot buff out and looks horrible. I'm going to clean it up the best I can but I will be trying to find a replacement for it.

Would anyone know where can I find a decent price for a polished 18" Pony Package rim?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Radioguy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ibihab
I bought a 2011 V6 Premium with the Pony Package last month. The car is used but in pretty good condition, at least so I can tell so far.

There is one issue that I noticed RIGHT AWAY when I bought it. It had one wheel that has a bad case of curb rash. It really was worse than I thought. There are deep gouges that I cannot buff out and looks horrible. I'm going to clean it up the best I can but I will be trying to find a replacement for it.

Would anyone know where can I find a decent price for a polished 18" Pony Package rim?
Watch EBay. There have been a lot of 2011 Mustang OEM wheels on there.
Some of the bids will allow you to buy just one.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
ibihab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Radioguy
Watch EBay. There have been a lot of 2011 Mustang OEM wheels on there.
Some of the bids will allow you to buy just one.
@Radioguy: Thanks for the input. I've been scouring eBay for some and found someone willing to sell just one for about $200. There's a full set for about $400 though, shipping kills it though at an extra $150.

I thought I would then peruse the Ford parts site and found it there for $307. I may just buy a new one if the costs aren't much different.

The damage is about 1/4 of the lip of the rim and there are two or three gouges about 3-6" up the spokes. I didn't think they were as severe as they were and thought I could do a little clean up with a Dremel tool but found the lip is pretty thin in one spot. I'd say 1/8" is missing.

Because the V6's do not come with a spare, I think I'm just going keep the damaged wheel and use it for that.

I'll keep my eyes out!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

too bad you aren't near NC, and have these type, cause got two new oners sittin in my shed, with no tires on them.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:10 PM
ibihab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
too bad you aren't near NC, and have these type, cause got two new oners sittin in my shed, with no tires on them.
@6+6 Stang: I have to say the MCA wheels would make me happy. I love the look and they would look awesome on my Grabber Blue. I wish there was a way to get the dark gray on the pony package! That would be awesome...

Thanks for the thought and I'll keep an eye out if I hear someone in need of an MCA wheel!