Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Procharger V6 Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by arnold66
Update on Procharger!
For those who are not interest about the ProCharger.
Why not start a turbo thread, if you need to talk about turbo's.
Start you thread about engine building.

Update!!! From different forum.
They have finished shooting the videos and are in the process of editing. I guess they want it all together before finalizing the rest of the details on pricing and dyno charts.

The development car put 427 HP to the ground with the open element air filter and 418 HP through the stock air-box. With the stock air-box will be legal in all fifty states.

Oh wow, from my estimates:

(418/85)x100 (assuming a loss of 15% from the manual tranny, so 418 being 85% of crank HP or 100% - 15 etc etc)... that's 492 crank HP with the stock air box... And using the same formula nets me 502 with the open element air filter... Holy Sh**.

If these numbers are with 91 octane and I can somehow convince my dealer to still honor my warranty with this baby. I might never be able to resist(Assuming the price is right and they ship to Canada).
Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Upsh1ft
Oh wow, from my estimates:

(418/85)x100 (assuming a loss of 15% from the manual tranny, so 418 being 85% of crank HP or 100% - 15 etc etc)... that's 492 crank HP with the stock air box... And using the same formula nets me 502 with the open element air filter... Holy Sh**.

If these numbers are with 91 octane and I can somehow convince my dealer to still honor my warranty with this baby. I might never be able to resist(Assuming the price is right and they ship to Canada).
It's definitely exciting news. I can't wait to see what times people are able to achieve in the 1/4 mile. I wonder if it'll run times similar to the 5.0 or a little above. The top end power is going to feel insane but it won't have the torque off the line that you get with the GT. My guess is the times will be close to a GT but with the 3.7 Procharged cars running higher trap speeds. You guys agree?

Don't get your hopes up and go into this with the idea that you need to get your dealers approval before you make the plunge. They'll never sign up for that. You need to just be willing to deal with consequences, good or bad, and trust that Procharger is a very reputable name. This is critical because there will be instances where people encounter failures that are not the fault of Ford or Procharger. Crappy tunes, fuel, pushing the engine beyond it's limits etc all happen in this hobby.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

I guess i'll have to suck it up if i go this route.
Although the off the line torque is gonna make for q slower start then the GT, i have a feeling it would beat the latter by a few tenths because the rest of the race is in the top end, where the supercharger really works it's magic. One thing is for sure, i'd recommend getting wider rubber than the stock 235s that come with the pony package at least in canada. I'm thinking at least upgrade to GT rims and tires.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Shadow_Chaser
1st Gear Member

I thought the GT's hp/tq (412/390) numbers were at the crank?

The V6 crank HP with the procharger is 'estimated' to be @ 475-500 hp... I don't believe a 'stock' GT will come into the equation during a 'spirited' 1/4 mile... slap a SC on a GT... then it's a different ball game... again.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:20 PM
arnold66

Originally Posted by Shadow_Chaser
I thought the GT's hp/tq (412/390) numbers were at the crank?

The V6 crank HP with the procharger is 'estimated' to be @ 475-500 hp... I don't believe a 'stock' GT will come into the equation during a 'spirited' 1/4 mile... slap a SC on a GT... then it's a different ball game... again.
I thinking more Vet's , SS, M3, the GT's are way down on my list.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

I thinking more Vet's , SS, M3, the GT's are way down on my list.
My take on these matchups(vs stock)

Procharged V6 vs SS, the SS is heavier so it should be a win for the V6

the M3 in the drag is pretty close to the GT so again, V6

The vett, that would depend. the N/A 6.2L models would be a close match, but we may beat them with a procharged V6. The zo6 would simply spank us for having 505hp and being just shy of a whopping 500lbs lighter than the stangs. A tall first gear that ends at 60mph, minimising the low speed shifting, should also help.

but heh, that's all just speculation. I'm no expert.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:30 AM
arnold66

http://v6mustangperformance.com/worl...rgedv6mustang/

Go to bottom of page, click dyno sheet, 424HP 344TQ. check A/F looks real low.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:39 AM
DarkhelmetRT
1st Gear Member

http://v6mustangperformance.com/worl...rgedv6mustang/

Go to bottom of page, click dyno sheet, 424HP 344TQ. check A/F looks real low.
When you add boost to a high compression engine on street fuel you generally have to run a richer than normal A/F to keep down detonation and cool the combustion chamber. 10.5 is pretty normal.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:56 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I might be looking at the chart incorrectly. I need to go look at some of my old calibrations on some of my other vehicles because it's been a few years since I've even worried about tuning the AF ratios on a car. It's obviously going to vary from one vehicle to another but i think i used to shoot for 11.8 - 12.2 on my supercharged RSX. If I ever saw a spike up to 13.0 under full boost and WOT I'd be scared.

What's a good target AF ratio at WOT for the 3.7? Am I reading the chart correctly and looking at the line correctly? I always struggle to understand why these charts have lines that are 3 shades of blue and red vs red, green, blue, black etc.

I'm seeing 12.5 -13 AF ratio. 13 momentarily at 4k rpm's and then it appears the tune is dumping more and more fuel in as a precaution as it approaches redline.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 AM
arnold66

Originally Posted by wrxified
Yeah I might be looking at the chart incorrectly. I need to go look at some of my old calibrations on some of my other vehicles because it's been a few years since I've even worried about tuning the AF ratios on a car. It's obviously going to vary from one vehicle to another but i think i used to shoot for 11.8 - 12.2 on my supercharged RSX. If I ever saw a spike up to 13.0 under full boost and WOT I'd be scared.

What's a good target AF ratio at WOT for the 3.7? Am I reading the chart correctly and looking at the line correctly? I always struggle to understand why these charts have lines that are 3 shades of blue and red vs red, green, blue, black etc.

I'm seeing 12.5 -13 AF ratio. 13 momentarily at 4k rpm's and then it appears the tune is dumping more and more fuel in as a precaution as it approaches redline.
Your looking at the stock A/F, look at the very bottom A/F 4.5 for the ProCharger. There is a E-Mail to see if this correct.

Quick Reply: Procharger V6 Kit!!!