Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New Borla LT's

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:18 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Default New Borla LT's

So, while my car was at Borla they designed and fabbed up a set of LT headers for my car. They told me they don't have a part number yet, so I don't have one of those. I have no real use for these, as in CA a car can't pass emissions with these installed. So, they're for sale here:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...t-headers.html
Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM
toledo5189

I have been waiting a while now for Borla to come out with these LT headers for the 6. Do you know anything about them? Are they ceramic? Also did you get to actually use the car with them on? And what kind of performance is Borla expecting out of them?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toledo5189
I have been waiting a while now for Borla to come out with these LT headers for the 6. Do you know anything about them? Are they ceramic? Also did you get to actually use the car with them on? And what kind of performance is Borla expecting out of them?
These aren't ceramic coated. They're really thick polished steal. Honestly, from what they told me at Borla, they may not come out with these at all under the Borla name. They may be selling them under a different name. I'm not really sure why. There are few names that are more reputable in exhaust than Borla. They wouldn't let me leave the shop with them installed, as they're not legal for street use here in CA. They mailed me a brand new finished product. The ones they sent me haven't been used on a car. They did give me a dyno sheet with one pass with these installed. With a full catback, x-pipe, and these installed, it looks like around a 30HP increase. I honestly didn't want to post the dyno sheet, as I don't know whether they're corrected number or anything else specific to the dyno run. I didn't want to post them and not be able to answer questions about the dyno run.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 PM
toledo5189

Originally Posted by LTDan
These aren't ceramic coated. They're really thick polished steal. Honestly, from what they told me at Borla, they may not come out with these at all under the Borla name. They may be selling them under a different name. I'm not really sure why. There are few names that are more reputable in exhaust than Borla. They wouldn't let me leave the shop with them installed, as they're not legal for street use here in CA. They mailed me a brand new finished product. The ones they sent me haven't been used on a car. They did give me a dyno sheet with one pass with these installed. With a full catback, x-pipe, and these installed, it looks like around a 30HP increase. I honestly didn't want to post the dyno sheet, as I don't know whether they're corrected number or anything else specific to the dyno run. I didn't want to post them and not be able to answer questions about the dyno run.
Hmm, thats interesting. I talked to someone at Borla about two weeks ago and they said in about a week or two they should have them out. They never mentioned anything about selling under another brand. That seems odd to me too because the just released the XR-1 headers for the 2011 5.0 just recently. Just out of curiosity what are you asking for the headers that they sent you?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

The link Dan posted above says $300 local pickup, or 400 shipped?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
Yup, that is correct. I'll also take offers, if you're interested in them.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 AM
toledo5189

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
Yea thats my bad completely missed that link. I dont know about not having cats and my car is already loud with just Borla ATAK axlebacks. I may have to wait and save up for something that allows cats
Old 03-04-2011, 02:17 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toledo5189
Yea thats my bad completely missed that link. I dont know about not having cats and my car is already loud with just Borla ATAK axlebacks. I may have to wait and save up for something that allows cats
I asked them (Borla) if they could make some short tube headers that would allow for cats to be installed. They said that the power increase would be very minor. Less than 5HP. So, they're not worth making. And they have no plans to make any AFAIK. Those ATAK's are quite loud to begin with. I personally wouldn't want anything louder than those either. But, someone might, especially on the track.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
toledo5189

Originally Posted by LTDan
I asked them (Borla) if they could make some short tube headers that would allow for cats to be installed. They said that the power increase would be very minor. Less than 5HP. So, they're not worth making. And they have no plans to make any AFAIK. Those ATAK's are quite loud to begin with. I personally wouldn't want anything louder than those either. But, someone might, especially on the track.
Yea I'm waiting to see the dyno charts from BBKs headers paired with the catted x-pipe to see what kind of gain you get from it. I really do want these but my car is already such a target for cops because of the color and wheels that I feel I'd be setting myself up even worse. Maybe one day..
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 PM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Alright... The deal fell through on these. They're still for sale if anyone is interested. All offers welcome!

Quick Reply: New Borla LT's