Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Magnaflow streets after a week.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:31 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Default Magnaflow streets after a week.

I got the `Stang out of the garage Tuesday March 7th and took it in to have the streets installed. Took an hour for the AB exhaust to be fitted and centered. I took the car for a ride and was fairly pleased with the result.

For those of you who think something like this will make the v6 sound like a GT, it won`t. The sound from the rear is exactly like the many you-tube videos posted hence no video here. From inside the car the result is different.

Under light throttle the sound in the car is just a deep mild roar, like a moaning sound. There is a point where it almost reaches drone but never gets there. I had hoped the inside would sound more like the outside does but....... Under wot it does sound like the outside above 2500 rpm and is pleasant if definitely Ford v6 sounding. The sound is not unlike some of the more exotic sports cats and I like it.

Crusing at any speed is almost as quite as stock inside the vert untill you add a little pedal. I have 3.55`s so my rpm`s stay a little higher than stock. My wife likes to hear the exhaust sounds in our car and is pleased with these mufflers.

If you want your car loud these are not for you. If you want to enhance the exhaust especially for those watching and listening to your car these are a good choice. I would give them an 8 of 10 in giving me what I expected and I am satisified with them. I do hope to get the car on a track in April and will get a video to show what these sound like under tuned WOT.

Remember my car is a vert and coupes may not sound the same inside. Thanks for indulging the old guy!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 AM
dangerzone

hey man just thought i would toss this out here , my friend has a 4.0 he got his cats gutted, but he did not run a pipe though the cat , the muffler tech told him to leave it hollow as this would give it a deep sound. So i had him turn on the car , idle , and small rev and i can say that it sounded way closer to an 8 than a v6.

dunno if it would work for our cars , or how this affect the air flow, i just know that it wasn't high pitch at all.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 AM
dangerzone

oh yeah also , dont hollow your cats out , you may need them in the future , im sure the muffler dudes have plenty of cats laying around you can use as dummies.

cats are expensive so , save them if you can.

this is not proven , i did like it myself but its a whole diff car, but if you hate your exhaust it may be worth giving it a try in an attempt to save some cash, and not having to buy a whole different axleback or catback.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Jhawk
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the review!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 PM
2011V6Conv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaf2u
I do hope to get the car on a track in April and will get a video to show what these sound like under tuned WOT.
How do you take your vert to the track? I think they all require a roll cage or something - do you have plans to install one?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Your stock et's would not require it I am guessing
Old 03-19-2011, 10:29 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2011V6Conv
How do you take your vert to the track? I think they all require a roll cage or something - do you have plans to install one?
Not true. I don`t know where the cutoff is but I believe I can run down to the low 12`s or possibly 11.99 before I need a cage. Windows and top up are required though. And NO I don`t have plans to go that far with this car. No cage for me. I remain free.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:59 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

free range ponys.....
Old 03-20-2011, 07:54 AM
DarkhelmetRT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaf2u
Not true. I don`t know where the cutoff is but I believe I can run down to the low 12`s or possibly 11.99 before I need a cage. Windows and top up are required though. And NO I don`t have plans to go that far with this car. No cage for me. I remain free.
It depends on where you run. Milan requires at least a roll bar for any verts faster than 13.49 Lapeer on the other hand would probably let you run with the top down, wearing a football helmet. lol
Old 03-20-2011, 01:09 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkhelmetRT
It depends on where you run. Milan requires at least a roll bar for any verts faster than 13.49 Lapeer on the other hand would probably let you run with the top down, wearing a football helmet. lol
Roger that! I believe NHRA has a rule on this but know tracks will be different. Only place I`ve been so far is US131. Thanks