Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Stainless Works Catback Retro Exhaust

Old 07-04-2011, 02:01 AM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

My first choice, but I will have to find the best price. The margin looks pretty wide to me. I think the marketing and pricing guys need to work together and get the word out on this one at about 20% less than I'm seeing it.

Discretionary spending is under a microscope these days.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:35 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottybaccus
My first choice, but I will have to find the best price. The margin looks pretty wide to me. I think the marketing and pricing guys need to work together and get the word out on this one at about 20% less than I'm seeing it.

Discretionary spending is under a microscope these days.
I couldn't agree more. Love the sound and it looks to be of high quality construction, but at quite a steep price.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I think the materials are great quality too, but chambered exhausts are known to lose power which is why you don't typically see them anymore. So if you're just looking for that 60s muscle car sound, that's great. For the price I would be asking for more than just acoustic improvements and loss of HP and torque lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:58 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
I think the materials are great quality too, but chambered exhausts are known to lose power which is why you don't typically see them anymore. So if you're just looking for that 60s muscle car sound, that's great. For the price I would be asking for more than just acoustic improvements and loss of HP and torque lol.
Was not aware. Maybe a rep from SW could address this...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Zzzzzzzzz. Muhahaha!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
Zzzzzzzzz. Muhahaha!
??? Laughing at the lack of response from SW?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Yeah. I pressed them on numbers awhile back, and they finally gave me a response like, "well we don't give numbers because they vary so widely from car to car". I think they may have even posted a response in the forums to that effect.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:32 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

I've seen something along the lines of, "you can speak with one of our sales reps but we don't post numbers."
Old 07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Well believe me, if the numbers were good, they would be posted, advertised, marketed or they'd say how they smash the competition.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, it's a shame really. It really does sound amazing and it is made of quality material. As much as I don't want to deal with the pypes fitment issues(my other option), I'm not ready to fork over a ton of cash to lose power. I could deal with it making less power than brand x, but not less power than stock. Considering the fact I want to get LTs/xpipe on here eventually, I am deffinitely not spending ALL that money to then move backward because my choice in cat backs. SW could still address this, I'm sure no one would be upset hearing their opinion on the matter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stainless Works Catback Retro Exhaust