Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Pegging MAF?

Old 03-03-2014, 11:39 AM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Default Pegging MAF?

Looking for some higher HP V6's. Any issues with the stock mass air not handling the increased air due to supercharger or turbo set-ups.
I did not change mine after supercharger install with x-pipe, LTH's and 73mm TB
car has been tuned but still having issue with rich codes
WOTH #'s are not responding well to tunes
Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by runninpony6
Looking for some higher HP V6's. Any issues with the stock mass air not handling the increased air due to supercharger or turbo set-ups.
I did not change mine after supercharger install with x-pipe, LTH's and 73mm TB
car has been tuned but still having issue with rich codes
WOTH #'s are not responding well to tunes
I bought an MAF for the gt500. Getting it re tuned this week! Hope it works.

HP is not cheap! $$$$$
Old 04-10-2014, 12:16 PM
SSG Steggy

How'd the re tune go? And I take it you went with the ProCharger...what is your true feeling on the rate of return? worth the money?

I really don't like a centrifugal supercharger. I have been a turbo'd guy in previous vehicles and really would prefer either turbo or roots style charger. Hoping someone (Kenne Bell or Magnuson or Edelbrock) would come up with one soon. Even started looking into possibly modifying a TRD(Toyota Racing Development) model from the 4.0L V6 they offer. Any thoughts?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:18 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSG Steggy
How'd the re tune go? And I take it you went with the ProCharger...what is your true feeling on the rate of return? worth the money?

I really don't like a centrifugal supercharger. I have been a turbo'd guy in previous vehicles and really would prefer either turbo or roots style charger. Hoping someone (Kenne Bell or Magnuson or Edelbrock) would come up with one soon. Even started looking into possibly modifying a TRD(Toyota Racing Development) model from the 4.0L V6 they offer. Any thoughts?
Well first of all Fonse Performance stiffed me on the re-tune. I brought my car back to him to finish what he started. He had my car for a week and never took care of it. I was promised it would be done. I went and picked up the car that Friday night. I have since hooked up with a Ford racing team who does some private work. They know these cars well!
anyway about the charger,
Yes it does need the new MAF sensor to run right, also was told that my plugs should have been upgraded. Prochager never mentioned any of this.
With the right upgrades the procharger is great. I went with long tubes, high flow cats, 73mm TB, 65lb INjectors, accel coil packs, JMS fuel booster, 373 gears, and upgraded driveshaft, clutch, axles, and diff.
I don't know anyone that just has the procharger installed so I really cant comment on the benefits of a "stock" set-up
My car put 452 HP, 390ft lb trq, at the wheels with a "bad" tune. Im not sure what it will do with the correct set up. hope that little 3.7 is strong!
car is going out in about 3 weeks to the other shop. I will update