Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Our 3.7's have major v6 competition.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Boy Howdy
i like how alll the gt guys are in here. theres a reason i put in the 3.7 section.

that 1.5L turbo is amazing, Pascal. You truly are a muscle car philosopher.
No philosophy at all, just facts.

BTW, the competition to the 3.7 Mustang is more like the V6 Camaro and some imports like the Hyundai Genesis, 370Z etc...
Old 07-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

i like how alll the gt guys are in here. theres a reason i put in the 3.7 section.

that 1.5L turbo is amazing, Pascal. You truly are a muscle car philosopher.
Um don't quite follow you.
Are you saying there is something wrong with someone that has a GT posting in this thread? What do you base that on? How do you know that person did not have a V6 before the GT and has useful information to post? Wow nice attitude man.

Furthermore... a GT owner still has every right to view the other forum sections and post in them. There are plenty of V6 owners that post in the GT section. And there is nothing in the world wrong with it.

You posted on a public forum. Just because you posted in the V6 section does not mean the section is a private club only V6 owners should post in.
It just means the discussion is about the V6 model. This forum welcomes input from any model owner in its sections.
Pleeeeeeaaseee... I mean really. Your comment was just ridiculous.

Maybe this just isn't your type of forum hrm?
If you are looking for a special forum where only V6 owners can post, best go create your own private little club and website and make every owner post his
VIN number so you can be SURE he owns a V6 of your generation.

Again this forum welcomes input from all owners in its threads.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-15-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:07 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Just slap a procharge on your 3.7. Problem solved.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:11 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Your 3.7s make an amazing amount of reliable power, for what they cost. Sure, more power can be made N/A, but you'll need more exotic bits to remain reliable. There's a reason Porsches cost what they do, besides reputation...they've got more exotic materials and more costly casting, forging, machining and hardening processes involved in their manufacture. If you want to spend time comparing a $25K Mustang to a $125K Porsche, it's easy to see the difference... That said, for the performance your Mustang offers, it's a hell of a deal.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Boy Howdy

alright blacksmoke, i am truly sorry that ive not been transparent enough, really i am, im not trying to make a joke here. Im not trying to kick ppl out of the v6 section, i dont actually think that the mustang can compete with a porsche gt3, and i posted this in the v6 section as a joke to all of us 3.7 owners. Both engines have 6 cylinders and about the same displacement with a huge difference of hp. I thought us v6 guys could appreciate this and get a kick out of it as well. Obvioulsy there are differences in the two cars, for one, the porsche costs 135k.

so i posted in here so that us 3.7 guys could get a kick out of it, and the gt guys are in here misinterpreting it. Again im sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

There haven't been a lot of GT guys posting on that thread and nothing was negative towards the 3.7 anyway, as Moderators don't put up with V6 vs V8 quarrels.

And now that we know where you're coming from, everything is dandy.

Blacksmoke, 'the hell boy! You've been edgy lately.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Old 07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

alright blacksmoke, i am truly sorry that ive not been transparent enough, really i am, im not trying to make a joke here.

No problem man.
I thought you were serious and was like
"Who does this guy think he is?" lols!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Simply put. You are just trying to nickpick here and point out something you think can hack at a person about.
You and as well as all of us know what he is talking about. You are just trying to play professor and slice and dice his
words so you can scrutinize him for your own pleasure while trying to seem more intelligent and put him down at the same time.

Regardless of what you say, you know very well what he is saying is not ludicrous and makes perfect sense.
But I will play your game and if you really cannot comprehend what he is saying I will spell it out for you in your all so important terms:
He prefers having more HP at a certain unit of time over max horsepower a vehicle can produce.

No... what he said is not ludicrous. You are just trying to pick apart someone's post for the sake of doing it.
Congrats for failing while at the same time making yourself sound like an arrogant ***.

Sorry to the others on the forum reading this.
I just hate it when others try to put someone down or try to make them look bad for the sake of doing it
or trying to make themselves look superior.
Dude calm down. I'm simply saying that I think it is ridiculous when people say they think torque is more important/better than horsepower.

If someone says they prefer torque to horsepower that means that they also

1. Prefers the base 2012 gt engine to the 2012 boss 302 engine. The gt makes 390 ft lbs and the boss makes 380 ft lbs.

2. Prefers the non-pi 4.6 with 215hp and 290 ft lbs to the new 3.7's 305 hp and 280 ft lbs

3. Prefer the SOHC 260 hp pi 4.6 of the 99-04 gts to the 300 hp DOHC 4.6 in the 96-98 cobras. Less torque in the cobras.

You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but I think that people need to understand more torque does not equal a faster or better car.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass
Dude calm down. I'm simply saying that I think it is ridiculous when people say they think torque is more important/better than horsepower.

If someone says they prefer torque to horsepower that means that they also

1. Prefers the base 2012 gt engine to the 2012 boss 302 engine. The gt makes 390 ft lbs and the boss makes 380 ft lbs.

2. Prefers the non-pi 4.6 with 215hp and 290 ft lbs to the new 3.7's 305 hp and 280 ft lbs

3. Prefer the SOHC 260 hp pi 4.6 of the 99-04 gts to the 300 hp DOHC 4.6 in the 96-98 cobras. Less torque in the cobras.

You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but I think that people need to understand more torque does not equal a faster or better car.
4. Bought an 05-09 GT instead of a 2011+ V6...................

You are kind of taking things out of context. They would rather have the lower end power with good higher end power than a turd feeling 'low end' to go with the stronger higher end..basically an engine with similar hp/torque ratings. The rest you posted does not apply.

They would prefer a more 'balanced car' than a peaky high end car. Nothing wrong with that.

Quick Reply: Our 3.7's have major v6 competition.