Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Not by the Hair of my Stillen chin chin

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:18 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I lol'd at the thread title

Looks great!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:47 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Looks great. I have the CDC decklid as well and have been wanting to tint my tail lights to tie it together a little better. Did you use Niteshades? Is that grille the overlay from AM?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by technindy
looks very nice, congrats.

How did you do the rear deck delete? and where did you get it?

Also I saw you have the Borla S-type Axelback, how do you like them?
Thank you, I got the rear deck from American Muscle and used a hair drier and a squeegy thingy to get it off, it was quite a PITA but more than worth it.

The Borla S-Type I absolutely love, I get compliments on the exhaust sound all the time. The sound is intoxicating and gives the car personality.

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
I lol'd at the thread title

Looks great!
Thank you sir, Yeah I thought it might make some people laugh =)

Originally Posted by TruMac
Looks great. I have the CDC decklid as well and have been wanting to tint my tail lights to tie it together a little better. Did you use Niteshades? Is that grille the overlay from AM?
Yes I used Nightshades, just 1 even coat and couldnt be happier with the results. I do however reccomend taking the whole light housing out and doing them on the ground. The first time I did it I just taped around the lights and sprayed it while still on the car and it didnt look good so i stripped it and took them out and re-did them.

The Grill overlay is from AM as well.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

we gots twin cars haha, I was actually going to buy those wheels last week, they look good and the stillen chin looks nice to. anyon ehave problems with the adhesive, mine seems to be pulling off a bit in some areas although i did screw it into my bumper
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by livinloud98
we gots twin cars haha, I was actually going to buy those wheels last week, they look good and the stillen chin looks nice to. anyon ehave problems with the adhesive, mine seems to be pulling off a bit in some areas although i did screw it into my bumper
Yes the very left an right corners come out alittle even tho I have it screwed in as well. Can only really notice it if your looking hard though. Might try getting more 3M tape and seeing if it will fix it.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bokeo
Yes the very left an right corners come out alittle even tho I have it screwed in as well. Can only really notice it if your looking hard though. Might try getting more 3M tape and seeing if it will fix it.
yeah mine was on my black 2010 when I had it and when it was on that car it was just held on by the adhesive no screws, but I heat gunned all the old adhesive off and bough new 3m auto adhesive and used adhesive promoter and it started sagging 2 days later, so I put a few screws in which I didnt want to but its still got a small gap on one side, but yeah not noticeable.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Livinloud do you still have your pony on and painted black?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

Thats a good lookin chin spoiler.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TruMac
Livinloud do you still have your pony on and painted black?
Yes I do, gave it a light sanding and sprayed it with plasti dip, that stuff is great. Pain in the *** getting the stock ponyy off the car, you gotta remove the grill and pop it from the back.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:01 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Stock grille?

Quick Reply: Not by the Hair of my Stillen chin chin