Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Best Spent Money? (Efficiency)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I placed my order for the Steeda Tuner and their CAI today, $699.95 delivered.

I think American Muscles lowest price package is $589.99 + S&H and the most expensive is $659.99 + S&H. So I spent more but it is still the cheapest power you can buy dollar for dollar and I got some American made product. I spent $35 per HP and $23.33 per F/LBS for 20hp and 30f/lbs. It is not a lot more power then the other kits offer but how else can you get more power for that kind of money?

Last edited by WORKISSLOW; 03-15-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:37 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WORKISSLOW
I placed my order for the Steeda Tuner and their CAI today, $699.95 delivered.

I think American Muscles lowest price package is $589.99 + S&H and the most expensive is $659.99 + S&H. So I spent more but it is still the cheapest power you can buy dollar for dollar and I got some American made product. I spent $35 per HP and $23.33 per F/LBS for 20hp and 30f/lbs. It is not a lot more power then the other kits offer but but how else can you get more power for that kind of money?
That's because we make the best cold air intake, so money well-spent.

Thanks for choosing Steeda and supporting the American worker!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Judged88

Wheels can make a huge difference but the ones that make said difference are going to make you pay for it. i.e. Volk's $3500 just for wheels
Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/3-7l...ml#post7876320
Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I have been running the Steeda 91 Tune and their CAI for a while now and I am really pleased.

I am thinking of adding the BBK Throttle Body next, there seems to be enough people out there that have had positive experiences with it. ($400, easy install, good reviews)

I am also thinking of upgrading the coils. Does anyone sell the plenum gasket online? Or do you have to actually go to the dealer for that? ($400 easy install, good reviews)

I am also thinking about the Aluminum DS, I wonder how hard that is to change in the drive way?
The shop around the corner from work will swap them out for $90.
Should I put a saftey hoop on at the same time? or since I don't race should I put that off for a while? ($680, not sure about the install, lots of good reviews)

I have been looking at lighter weight rims, I think I will just keep my feelers out and try and line some up by the time I need new tires.

and of course exhaust, I guess I am down to trying to find something that is light weight and not obnoxious. I doubt I could get away with much more then an axle back change out, but at least I can shed some pounds.

I got suspension and handling on the radar but I am not really sure what exactly what my plan is. There is a lot of options, I am sure what type of springs I would like. It almost seems to me that I might just go the distance and eventually put in a nice coil set up. I am a little concerned about lowering the car and then having clearance issues.

A short throw shifter is also on the radar, but I am not sure exactly how I would value that upgrade.

Last edited by WORKISSLOW; 07-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 AM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Trade up to a prius.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
TommyGNR

I would recommend the Ford Racing Handling Pack if your V6 didn't come with the performance package option. Add 19" wheels and some Pirelli tires and the v6 can be a real corner cutter.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 PM
SC_Kona_Blue

Originally Posted by WORKISSLOW

A short throw shifter is also on the radar, but I am not sure exactly how I would value that upgrade.
This is a must. Barton or MGW are both great!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Shelby350Mike
2nd Gear Member

I was the idiot that got the auto '13 V6 with Pony Pack instead of the Manual '13 with the performance pack...

I am currently looking to get a huge power increase so the car feels like the Manual I test drove. I can honestly say, I'm going for the Steeda and Bama Tune now. haha
Old 07-19-2012, 01:06 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

Well Mike congrads on the new ride. Its a fun car weather you have a stick or an auto. I know sometimes when I am rolling home in stop and go traffic I can see the daily advantage to having an automatic.

Quick Reply: Best Spent Money? (Efficiency)