Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

3.7 Airaid CAI Dyno results.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Nyke
1st Gear Member

an intake will not increase your HP that much. Something like that would kick you in your *** when you first stepped on it. I do not think the dyno was calibrated right and maybe not even dead top on the rollers.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

It is what it is, Dyno numbers seem to be all over the place when you look at what is out there in total. There is so many factors that I think it is entirely possible that those gains are accurate.

Maybe the simple combination of the altitude and better CAI is the reason why the increase in power was so good ?

That was a gain of about 33hp and 45ft/lbs,, it puts a smile on my face.

I never dyno'ed my 3.7 but there is a noticeable improvement in torque, It is unmistakable even when merging into traffic on residential street at low RPMs, it was more noticeable then any other vehicle I did a tune and CAI on. Which surprised me because there are so many people commenting on how efficient the EO Filter set up is and it does appear to be well designed.

So Wkayl how does it feel?
What is the difference in experience like?

Last edited by WORKISSLOW; 07-19-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:48 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Interesting results. I know the Airaid is definitely worth some power, and there's no question you'll feel a difference. Here are our results from the same day, same dyno, same fuel, etc. It's a long video, but has great info that we made just for you forum guys!

Shane
Old 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Here is the latest. I have taken the CAI off and returned to stock. My MPG readout went down to an average highway to 24MPG. Hand calculated it was actually 26. I returned t stock and now am back up to a constant 28-29MPG readout. My last drive gave me a hand calculated 33MPG. The power is great with the CAI, but I bought the V6 for the milage. If I wanted 25MPG and power, I would have gotten a 5.0. Not sure what the next actionfor the CAI will be.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Shelby350Mike
2nd Gear Member

Tune the damn thing. It is worth EVERY penny.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wkayl
Here is the latest. I have taken the CAI off and returned to stock. My MPG readout went down to an average highway to 24MPG. Hand calculated it was actually 26. I returned t stock and now am back up to a constant 28-29MPG readout. My last drive gave me a hand calculated 33MPG. The power is great with the CAI, but I bought the V6 for the milage. If I wanted 25MPG and power, I would have gotten a 5.0. Not sure what the next actionfor the CAI will be.
That's odd. I get consistently better mpgs, although not by a lot, with a CAI. What CAI do you have?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Nyke
1st Gear Member

YOu should probably have a tune to help even that out. Also if you do a lot of highway driving you might see better gains with the stock setup because you have a very little tiny ram air factor with the stock setup because it is enclosed in the box.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wkayl
+1000... My thoughts exactly! Glad to see you are keeping to the purpose of your purchase. If I was still driving a long commute (which I am not), I would be seriously considering the new 3.7 V6!

Last edited by jdmcbride; 07-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:56 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

That is interesting, I got more power and better mileage, but then again I did the tune at the same time.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:00 AM
armyjared
1st Gear Member

A tune is usually recommended with a lot of CAIs but even that being said your mpg should have improved a little bit. I would say get a tune as well and then see what it does. Also did you start driving differently when you put the intake on cause that too could be a factor

Quick Reply: 3.7 Airaid CAI Dyno results.