Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

373's for 2012 V6

Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Settle down folks. No need to get all worked up on a difference of opinion.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:04 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Most guys are fine who do this mod. There is nothing that says you can't replace the DS, but I don't think it's imminently important. I never noticed any issues on my DS before or after the gear swap. All I can tell you is that there are a number of guys who do the same mod and keep the stock DS.

Like I said earlier, there isn't much else I can do to my car performance wise besides headers and x-pipe (I have a lethal x-pipe in my garage), so I mainly got my DS to help improve acceleration, lose a little weight, and to help support a super charger if I go that route since it can support up to 900hp.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
I meant the Speed Limiter, it was early when I made the post and just woke up. and as for the OP, his car was a car I owned & traded it for a GT. I know the car pretty well and after having watched videos, heard first hand accounts, and taken the car to the limit, I can guarantee ya he better replace the drive shaft if he plans on pushing that thing past the limiter.

So why don't you sit down and STFU
How about I temporarily suspend you for this type of language. Straighten it up or your out. if you don't like my comment PM me. If you don't like his PM him but you better be civil in my section PERIOD!!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
How about I temporarily suspend you for this type of language. Straighten it up or your out. if you don't like my comment PM me. If you don't like his PM him but you better be civil in my section PERIOD!!
PM sent....
Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

You dont NEED to upgrade the driveshaft... before I traded my '11 V6 with 3.73s in. I had close to 34,000 miles on it... all on the stock driveshaft.. and I made more 140 mph runs than I could count. It did vibrate alot at high speed, but never broke.

OP, is yours an AUTO or Manual? I think the Autos are more prone to breakage at high speed but I could be wrong.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

I've only heard of them breaking on the dyno. My buddy's broke twice and he is the reason a certain company no longer carrys 1 piece aluminum driveshafts anymore for the v6 mustangs. It was rated to handle 600hp and his snapped at 289rwhp lol. He won't dyno it anymore but I'm sure he is close to 300rwhp.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
schram1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by johngt10
I've only heard of them breaking on the dyno. My buddy's broke twice and he is the reason a certain company no longer carrys 1 piece aluminum driveshafts anymore for the v6 mustangs. It was rated to handle 600hp and his snapped at 289rwhp lol. He won't dyno it anymore but I'm sure he is close to 300rwhp.

It was probably the shaft master one thats why they dont make them
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by schram1
It was probably the shaft master one thats why they dont make them
Bingo lol. They tried to make it out like he was trying to make them look bad but he was only pointing out the issue and just wanted a replacement. He has a 4" one piece aluminum shaft now. No issues but he's not running it on the dyno either.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I contacted the Shaftmaster guy to see why they don't supply them anymore and he said it was due to the lack of availability of the weld yoke. That doesn't make any sense to me since I thought that the weld yokes were pretty common across Ford vehicles. I could be wrong though. I highly doubt the 3.7l uses some unique weld yoke no one can get otherwise no one else would be making shafts for the car.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Just contacted my buddy with the v6. He said contact David@shaftmasters.com he said they carry them now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 373's for 2012 V6