Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

ford racing cut & clamp x-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 PM
fastforAPONY
1st Gear Member

Default ford racing cut & clamp x-pipe

Has anyone put the ford racing x-pipe on their 3.7 yet?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-2011-v6-xpipe.html
I can only do 1 or 2 mods a year and the price is not too bad.
I am more about the sound than the hp for this mod.
I would like to know how it sounds?
I will, for now be putting it on a stock exhaust.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I've only seen a video. It really is just for sound. Doesn't add any power. You have to cut your factory exhaust too, so factor in the cost for that unless you have the tools to do it yourself.

For the cost of the x-pipe, I'd rather have a v6pp/boss strut brace, maybe a front sway bar, lower control arms or rear end links. For a little more you could get pro kit springs.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I have it on my 2013, it did change the sound and might have offered a little bit more on the lower torque.
It's a simple install with just a sawzall, measuring tape and a socket set. 2 sets of jack stands is a help also.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM
fastforAPONY
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
I've only seen a video. It really is just for sound. Doesn't add any power. You have to cut your factory exhaust too, so factor in the cost for that unless you have the tools to do it yourself.

For the cost of the x-pipe, I'd rather have a v6pp/boss strut brace, maybe a front sway bar, lower control arms or rear end links. For a little more you could get pro kit springs.
Thanks for the reply
I do have those parts on my wish list, but I am looking at a bbk tb and maybe this x-pipe first.
The mustang is put away until at least april, so I got lots of time to change my mind.lol
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 AM
fastforAPONY
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
I have it on my 2013, it did change the sound and might have offered a little bit more on the lower torque.
It's a simple install with just a sawzall, measuring tape and a socket set. 2 sets of jack stands is a help also.
Thanks for the reply
A little bit more lower end torque is good.
I have a friend who has a auto repair shop.When the shop is closed I have access to a hoist, so I can do it.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
armyjared
1st Gear Member

I have this on my 2012 V6 and it changed the sound a bit but I still would like a little more. It only cost me 90 to get it installed. I like the addition of this pipe it make an aggressive pop in the low range. I just want some mufflers lol
Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM
locoone

You may want to crawl under the car first and see whats installed.
I special ordered mine with the performance package and several other things. While having an oil change done I peeked under and guess what... a factory x pipe. Good thing I didn't order one.
Now I know why it's not cal emissions compliant...lol
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by locoone
You may want to crawl under the car first and see whats installed.
I special ordered mine with the performance package and several other things. While having an oil change done I peeked under and guess what... a factory x pipe. Good thing I didn't order one.
Now I know why it's not cal emissions compliant...lol
From the Factory it comes with a Hybrid H-X pipe, the FRPP is a different from the factory 1 completely.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Nyke
1st Gear Member

Go with a Lethal Performance X-Pipe. It is a direct bolt on and will add a lot of sound and is dyno proved to add power. American Muscle does not offer this on the website but you can find it Here.

It costs $30 more but eliminates the factory cats. So you will want a tuner so the check engine light turns off. However if you do not have a tuner and can live with a check engine light on for awhile until you get a tuner then you are fine as all the light would be telling you is.. HEY YOU ARE POLLUTING THE ENVIORMENT!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
fastforAPONY
1st Gear Member

Looks good nyke but I would like to kept my cats for now, ss would be nice too.
And yes I do have a tuner.

Quick Reply: ford racing cut & clamp x-pipe