MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   3.7L V6 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/3-7l-v6-technical-discussions-136/)
-   -   Mustang appearance (https://mustangforums.com/forum/3-7l-v6-technical-discussions/689454-mustang-appearance.html)

Zacmustang 02-04-2013 09:18 PM

Mustang appearance

I have a Convertible Grabber Blue V6 Mustang 2011. It is all stock and have been wanting to do something to set my car apart. I have been looking at American Muscle for stuff and wanted to smoke out all the lights on the car and maybe get a new black grill. However, before dishing out 500 dollars, I wanted to get some second opinions on whether it would look good with the color of the car. Also if you have any other ideas of what I could do to set my baby apart, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Matt's 95 Stang 02-04-2013 10:35 PM

Well I have always liked the MCA (Mustang Club of America) grille. Google images is the best place to go. Like the old saying goes "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one and they are all different."

Matthew

Zacmustang 02-04-2013 10:38 PM

Lol great quote. But I agree, great grill! Thanks for the idea!

snaf2u 02-04-2013 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zacmustang (Post 8146780)
I have a Convertible Grabber Blue V6 Mustang 2011. It is all stock and have been wanting to do something to set my car apart. I have been looking at American Muscle for stuff and wanted to smoke out all the lights on the car and maybe get a new black grill. However, before dishing out 500 dollars, I wanted to get some second opinions on whether it would look good with the color of the car. Also if you have any other ideas of what I could do to set my baby apart, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

All of the above will look good but are much done. Keep the car spotless and shiny and it already will "stand out". Beyond that look thru the forums at pic`s and find what YOU like. Nobody else matters. You have a great car now. Get a pic up a once!!:icon_headbang:

AMWill 02-05-2013 10:37 AM

OP,

I think both of those ideas would look great with Grabber Blue paint. Have you thought about any vinyl decals? Not sure if this fits your taste, but I think the Black Boss style Roof Decal looks sweet with your paint color, too.

Post some pics up of your ride and let me know what you think!

Shane

storm8732 02-05-2013 01:09 PM

I have a 2013 Grabber Blue that I used a light tint on all the lenses....Its vinyl...easy to apply....easy to remove....and was very reasonably priced. In my opinion it vasty improved the look....but I went with very light tint on the headlights and one shade darker for all the other markers...My tail lights are different than yours so I am not sure what you have planned for that area.

Murgatroy 02-08-2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky (Post 8147052)
OP,

I think both of those ideas would look great with Grabber Blue paint. Have you thought about any vinyl decals? Not sure if this fits your taste, but I think the Black Boss style Roof Decal looks sweet with your paint color, too.

Post some pics up of your ride and let me know what you think!

Shane

If it weren't for the convertible top, that would look great.

I am actually thinking of the same decal for my white coupe. Just a simple thing that would set it off so much.

Murgatroy 02-08-2013 08:27 PM

As for the grill, I am really digging the CDC Grill. I love the open look to it.