Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Parted with my Procharged 2011 V6 today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
Sorry to see you go sketchy. Besides trying to find the money, I waited to see how people would fare with FI'd 3.7. It's not that it's not possible to keep things very safe and manageable, but I am also looking for a turnkey type upgrade. I saw similar issues in the 350z forums, only to see guys build, then walk away. I have been able to stop short of FI on the past three performance cars I've owned, so will continue to do so.

I am extremely pleased with the gear swap too. The only thing performance wise left for me is the headers and my tax money is on the way. After that, I've got some routine maintenance coming up. Looks like I have to flush the radiator, replace the battery etc. I also have a couple spots on my steering wheel volume control so I guess I'll replace the cluster if possible. I just got some Dr. ColorChip for the first time and I have to say I'm really impressed with how well it repaired a number of paint chips on my hood.

Anyway please let us know what you end up in. I keep eyeing that Night Race Blue Grand Sport at the local Chevy dealer to have sit next to my v6 mustang lol.
Hogass! ...Thanks buddy. Been generally kind words out here, so that has been nice. Yeah, you know, the funny thing about speed and power is that it becomes desensitizing. It's why those guys who have a blown 800HP beast are shooting for 900HP. Actually, I've come to realize the very best mod might not be a mod at all. It might be buying say, a 1985 toyota pickup and force yourself to drive that two or three days out of the week. That way you hop in the car, and get that same feeling the first day you got it.

Some have interpreted my modding as being the reason for selling it. Not at all. I will say that even if I hadn't of modded it a bit, my circumstances had changed enough to need to make a vehicle change. Some personal matters that while not bad, just reflect the normal circle of life stuff. Lets face it, all of us who enjoy this stuff know that cars are generally a money losing proposition that is done for the joy of it, not for demonstrating our collective financial sensibilities. Its darn fun for sure.

You've been very measured on the mods you've done. I think it has paid off for you, as your ride is a beutey, and you are getting the full joy out of it. And like I said, the sound and the feel. Gears and exhaust, great changes that were worth every penny in my book.

I might continute to lurk out here on occasion. Can't go cold turkey.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
79_Limited

Sketchy which Borla exhaust did you get?

Which gears did you like?

I just picked up a new 2013 V6 with performance package and really like the car with the 3.31 gears so far. I was not wild about the 2.71 gears. On acceleration it just seemed to always have a dead spot when running thought the power band.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

He had 3.55s. I have 3.73s. If you're coming from 2.73s, either one is a tremendous upgrade. Since you have 3.31s like I did and are still contemplating gears, I would go with 3.73s otherwise you won't really notice much of a difference. With 3.73s, I feel more like any gear is a good gear and I have decent amounts of torque even when I'm not in the optimal part of the powerband.