Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

3.7 stock exhaust variations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 AM
mariusvt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
But the fact that you have a stick just reiterates the point. The MT has the wider exhaust tips. My base v6, 6MT, has the wider tips, too.
This, my 6MT also has the wider tips. It's AT vs MT as listed above with the different part numbers.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I Have people tell me all the time my Performance package mufflers are different than the regular manual because they sound different than theirs, I keep telling them it is the fact I changed the X-Pipe so I have a different exaust note.
I even had the guy look at his and mine and the part number is the same, the tips are the same and he still says I have different mufflers
Old 06-01-2013, 09:05 AM
79_Limited

My 2013 with Performance pack has the smaller exhaust tips like the first picture in this thread. I have the auto tranny.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:22 PM
stangs-R-me

Originally Posted by yes-her-name-is-STELLA
hey guys i own a stock 13 pp v6 with mt82 and i can tell you that it does not matter if you have a stick or auto the exhaust will be the same, although the pp does not state it comes with different mufflers, they definitely do, my pp has the wider exhaust tip.
Just as all the other posters said ...

ALL 2011-14 A/T V6's have the smaller "pipe within a pipe" tipped mufflers.

and

ALL 2011-14 M/T V6's have the bigger wide open tipped mufflers.

... just like the pictures in the 1st post.

Can't say if there is any difference in internal baffling or construction (would guess there is based on the sound difference) but the tips certainly are different.

Doug
Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
yes-her-name-is-STELLA

yea sorry about that. i really wonder if there is an internal difference, and since there is a difference, why dosent ford ever say anything about it
Old 11-19-2013, 09:20 PM
NeverEnoughVA

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I know another person with a '13 6MT without the PP and it has the smaller exhaust tips.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:02 PM
staleystarch

This thread had me wondering so I went out and checked out my own car. I have a 2012 V6 MT with the pony package (no performance package) and sure enough I have the 2nd pictured wider exhaust. Now, I would like to know the reason for the difference before I go for an after market exhaust.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:57 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure they knew people who ordered the manual probably wanted a more aggressive note and the automatics needed to be a little more quiet. There is no other discernible difference in the two exhausts from the headers back.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:58 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NeverEnoughVA
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I know another person with a '13 6MT without the PP and it has the smaller exhaust tips.
The difference isn't about the performance package. Its automatic and manual transmission that gets you different tips.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:35 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
I'm pretty sure they knew people who ordered the manual probably wanted a more aggressive note and the automatics needed to be a little more quiet. There is no other discernible difference in the two exhausts from the headers back.
There is no exhaust before the headers (er, manifolds). Might you mean from the axles forward? Or even the tips forward even?

Quick Reply: 3.7 stock exhaust variations?