Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Water Sloshing Around INSIDE Driver's Door?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:03 PM
Bob_T442

Today I took some time to look for the water that collected in my '12 V6 ragtop. I opened both doors and took each in turn and violently took them from near shut to full open. No water in driver's door, water in passenger door. Pulled the two rectangular plugs at the bottom of the door to drain it, along with some sludgey mud. I took two 5 gallon buckets of water and flooded the door/window joint till clear water flowed out the drain holes.

Next i checked the carpeting on the passenger floor and driver floor - all dry.

Next I checked the HVAC plenum drains near left side of the battery and near the rear of the driver's side valve cover. Both of these pliable drains have leaf litter caught in them which I was able to work out of the drains by working them with my fingers, but this litter was otherwise dry.

Next I checked the spare tire well, which was also thankfully bone dry.

I need to next check the drains for the convertible top area, but I'm not currently having issues that I know of, but I'd like to head off any issues I can.

All told so far, I'm quite pleased with the engineering design of this car, my first Ford, at least in the area of water management. I am sorry to hear of all of my fellow forum members who are having leak issues.

Raining again heavily today - probably over an inch here. More news later on these S197 stations!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Notterdam Paris

Originally Posted by WesleyEng.com
I don't know why I haven't noticed this before, but I can hear a good amount of water INSIDE my driver's door! It rained for most of the day yesterday and I was parked facing downhill if that made any difference, since I can't park facing uphill or water would leak into my trunk.

Has anyone have this happen before? I can hear the water moving back and forth on the very bottom of the door as I'm driving. When I opened the door, I can see water pissing out from the bottom rear corner of the door, but not enough to drain it out.

Guess this will be another addition to my long list of problems for my next service visit.
Just look at the very bottom of the door. U gonna see 2 plastic covers for door drains. Take them out, clean the holes, and put thr plastic covers back on . I had the same problem )))