Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Water Sloshing Around INSIDE Driver's Door?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 AM
The Ders

Originally Posted by WindyMustang
Good thread! I haven't run into this yet...of course, I've only had to turn the wipers on once...
Wanna trade??? Mine have been on every day for the past week...
Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 AM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by The Ders
Wanna trade??? Mine have been on every day for the past week...
Nah, I'm good.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 AM
jwkim524

i checked mine and yup it was clogged
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The 05 thru 10 have 2 drain holes per door with black plastic plugs in them. A lot of people remove the plugs since they just make the drain holes clog faster. Your '12 MUST have some sort of drain holes.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Debchevy2

Post rain in doors of 2007 Mustang

You guys are a lifesaver! After a week of rain, I noticed there was water sloshing in my doors on my way to work. After removing the door drains and clearing out the drains, a quart of water must have poured out of my doors. It started raining again as I was doing this, and we have predictions for another week of rain, so I'm glad I quickly found a solution. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2015, 07:14 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Glad to help...cuz now I have a '12 too lol. I don't hear the water sloshing on mine so far. Haven't checked the drains to see if they're free and clear though.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:58 AM
cjzryd

Thanks for info! I had my car oil sprayed a bit back, noticed the last two car washes I had sloshing in the door. Water ran out when parked nose down. Following your suggestion I removed drain plugs. Rear drain plug was packed full of debris and oil spray. Now all good in that department, but... should I actually be getting that much water in my door in the first place?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:54 AM
The Ders

Originally Posted by cjzryd
Thanks for info! I had my car oil sprayed a bit back, noticed the last two car washes I had sloshing in the door. Water ran out when parked nose down. Following your suggestion I removed drain plugs. Rear drain plug was packed full of debris and oil spray. Now all good in that department, but... should I actually be getting that much water in my door in the first place?
I've had it happen with 2 of my 3 that I've owned. It seems to be a hit and miss thing in my personal experience. And the main times I've noticed it happen with them is after very heavy rainfall for multiple days or if I washed the car more than normal. I would imagine that the window trim/weathering(?) would be a potential cause but I recall talking to someone when it initially happened with mine and they said that replacing it probably won't prevent it from happening again. I just fully removed those plugs from my doors and never had an issue since. But again it seems to be a hit and miss thing, more common than you'd think.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by cjzryd
......................but... should I actually be getting that much water in my door in the first place?
If water cannot evacuate due to drain plugs being clogged, absolutely!
Water will accumulate inside the door and rise until it escapes from behind your door panel and then dump on your floor board.
I have seen this on brand new cars at the dealer lot. lol

Now if you were wondering whether or not you get water inside the door in the first place it's a certainty, as there are no cars made on the planet that have water proof doors.
Water gets in there by the window felt for the most part and it's OK, as long as water can drain out.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Bob_T442

I've got the sloshing now, too, on my '12 V6 ragtop. I'm forum surfing to try to pinpoint sources, it sounded like door(s) full, sometimes quarter(s), I was also wondering about HVAC intake plenum not draining. Lotsa rain in SWFL lately, I'll start pulling things apart and update the forum on findings.

Quick Reply: Water Sloshing Around INSIDE Driver's Door?!