Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 04:34 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I think I have the same neighbors,
Dog Barking at 4:00 PM in the afternoon, called the cops and they laughed at him.
Said I was breeding dogs and running a business out of your house is against subdivision rules, had a lawyer right up a nice letter for that one even with 10 members of the board signing it. All my dogs are spayed or neutered and 6 of the people including his own wife worked out of their homes, his wife had an Ebay store with shipping and deliveries 3-5 times a week. My Friend who is a lawyer asked how many of those houses I wanted, he would take the rest as payment if they wanted to push. They didn't
Here is the before and after with the BBK Shorties and the stock Manual Mufflers, I had the cut and Clamp X-Pipe on from the first month and it might be a little bit deeper than the stock Hybrid X/H ppe
Before
After

Last edited by Siber Express; 10-15-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:19 PM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

If you want to keep it quiet I would recommend the cut and clamp xpipe. It made mine a tad louder and deeper but still sounds nice. I wanted even more, so I added bbk shorty headers and it sounded even better. Still not loud but a nice increase in sound. I topped it off with some borla s-types and it is the perfect tone for a v6 IMO. I put some ATAKS on because I got them for cheap to see what it sounded like and it was so obnoxious and loud for a v6.. not my cup o tea. So, I was then indecisive between the touring and the stypes and this kid had a set of s-types that he traded with me for the ataks and gave me $200. I'm glad I went with the stypes because I think the touring would've been too quiet for my taste.

Here is a clip of my ride with just the cut and clamp xpipe:
Old 10-16-2014, 11:45 AM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

Maybe a stupid Q here....

the cut and clamp x pipe?

so it cuts where, behind the oe converters.... and I don't seem to see them- or perhaps they are called something else

maybe they are these on AM ---- Ford Racing Cut and clamp x pipe ?

Does anyone have any dyno numbers on some of this?

If I buy bbk shorties and still end up buying a x pipe, then how far removed am I from buying long tubes and a an x pipe with cats...? from a horsepower and torque standpoint?

most of the driving I do is sub 3000rpms so I would like most the improvement down there- but certainly don't want to give up anything above 3k either

Is it actuality that long tubes will be better everywhere or just up top? (over shorties)

And shorties- improvement over stock vs long tubes improvement over stock

again I would love to see some actual dyno graphs not just sales hype...
Old 10-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

After listening to a lot of sound/video clips, I went with the Magnaflow axle back streets. Just wanted a lower rumble. These are perfect. Not obnoxious loud but, plenty of rumble during normal acceleration. Sound real nice with my top down. Happy with my choice.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:03 PM
cooper13

Default Bassani axle back exhuast,

has anyone put a pair of theses on ?/ I am debating between these and the magma flows.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

after listening to ALL the axlebacks and catbacks audios, I went with Magnaflo catback, couldn't be happier, sounds baddass
Old 10-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
after listening to ALL the axlebacks and catbacks audios, I went with Magnaflo catback, couldn't be happier, sounds baddass
street series that is
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 AM
cooper13

I WILL check the Magnaflo catback out see how they sound and installation.. thanks for the info.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 AM
cooper13

I went with the - Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust (11-14 V6) .. mainly for the easy of installation.. plus the sound.. I have a spinal cord injury but love to turn the wrench myself .. so the easy of install was a big factor .. once I get them on I will try and video post..
Old 11-06-2014, 06:44 PM
cooper13

just put on my Bassani exhaust on my 2012 V6 . wow what a difference these make over stock.. install was fun and it took me a couple of hours .. really happy woth these pipes.

Quick Reply: What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal