Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 07:39 PM
semantic
1st Gear Member

Yeah I think I'd grab the Stingers for that price. I'm leaning toward the catback system from MBRP. Definitely like the sound on the stingers tho.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:23 PM
StangDawg

I was torn between the MBRP and Borla axle backs until I looked at some close up pictures of the welds and the quality of the overall products. Borla sold me on that alone and then I read their story and development patents on their FAQ page. I learned more about exhaust system technology from Borla than any other manufacturer. No matter what exhaust system you're considering, you should read the info at the following link:

www.borla.com/support/faqs

Great education on exhaust system technology and how sound vibrations are controlled. Check it out, really good stuff. Now I know why they cost what they do and I totally get it. You get what you pay for, just my
Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 PM
semantic
1st Gear Member

Are you saying the craftsmanship on the MBRP stuff looks subpar?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:46 AM
StangDawg

Originally Posted by semantic
Are you saying the craftsmanship on the MBRP stuff looks subpar?
Yes, that's what the photos I've seen look like to me. That is only my opinion compared to Borla and not trying to start an argument or anything. If I'm wrong, fair enough. It's just that the photos of the MBRP welds don't encourage me, that's all. One member got a set of MBRPs for his convertible and loves the sound, but stated the quality was "OK". I just want better than "OK" for my Mustang.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangDawg
Yes, that's what the photos I've seen look like to me. That is only my opinion compared to Borla and not trying to start an argument or anything. If I'm wrong, fair enough. It's just that the photos of the MBRP welds don't encourage me, that's all. One member got a set of MBRPs for his convertible and loves the sound, but stated the quality was "OK". I just want better than "OK" for my Mustang.
I pretty much did the same thing which gave me the choice of Borla, FRPP or Magnaflow. Then researching the sound that I wanted and what else I was going to do to the Exhaust it got it down to the Borla Touring, modified GT500's or FRPP Touring for just the sound reasons. The Magnaflows would have been OK if not for the Headers but I planned on the Shorties.
At our local cruise in spot there was a guy with all stock except for the Stingers on his exhaust and his buddy said mine was louder and a bit deeper Hence the sound with the headers.
BTW the Borla quality is awesome
Old 12-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

If I could stop buying suspension parts I would have my ATAK catback already.

Matthew
Old 12-26-2013, 07:30 PM
semantic
1st Gear Member

Yes, that's what the photos I've seen look like to me. That is only my opinion compared to Borla and not trying to start an argument or anything....
No worries, feel free to be blunt. I don't rep MBRP. Just the first time I've heard anyone mention quality concerns with MBRP gear is all.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:22 PM
StangDawg

Originally Posted by semantic
No worries, feel free to be blunt. I don't rep MBRP. Just the first time I've heard anyone mention quality concerns with MBRP gear is all.
No problem. Every picture tells a story, and thanks to the web, there's plenty of pictures to help your research. I look for the pictures of the ones that are shown just after opening the box by the buyer. Very helpful.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:38 AM
semantic
1st Gear Member

No problem. Every picture tells a story, and thanks to the web, there's plenty of pictures to help your research. I look for the pictures of the ones that are shown just after opening the box by the buyer. Very helpful.
From what I can find, they look pretty solid.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:55 PM
oristag

After checking hundreds of sound clips, Roush and FRPP sport were my favorites.
And I grabbed a chance to hear roush in person and I fell in love with the sound!

Quick Reply: What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal