Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cooper13
just put on my Bassani exhaust on my 2012 V6 . wow what a difference these make over stock.. install was fun and it took me a couple of hours .. really happy woth these pipes.
OK, you promised a sound vid
Old 11-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

MY God, thankfully I don't have neighbors from hell like that
Old 11-29-2014, 02:17 AM
Chase157

I initially went with some magnaflow mufflers from my local shop, it sounded good but still too restricted for my taste. After some tinkering around, I currently have a custom catless setup using BBK o/r x pipe, vibrant ultra quiet resonator, and the same magnaflow mufflers. I have a MMD ghost cam tune, and the thing absolutely roars. The idle sounds like an old school big block, but while I'm cruising there is very little noise or drone thanks to the two huge resonators.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:17 AM
cooper13

I really like the sound with the bassani system . even the drone at highway speed sounds great,
Old 12-13-2014, 11:40 PM
3sevenMustang

I went with the Borla Atak mufflers. Couldn't be happier. Loud and aggressive yet no drone inside while driving. Take a listen

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2RFCM-SOik?list=UU26lfkM4-ntflOITJ5xbB4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-13-2014, 11:41 PM
3sevenMustang

Old 12-14-2014, 08:01 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

I have Bassani axlebacks on my car. What I like about them is they have a deep tone and they don't pop or crack on decel. They are quiet at highway speeds but when you give it gas they wake up and give out a roar.

Here is a video from American Muscle

Old 05-25-2015, 10:53 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13V6coupe
I am thinking of leaving the rest of the exhaust system stock (I do have the manual so-the manual mufflers)- but have considered the catted x pipe or the clamp on x pipe with the stock mufflers.

I do not want loud, as I already have some snotty neighbors to deal with about everything else under the sky.
But I would like a little more sub 3000rpm power- for when I tow, or just cruise around

OMG there is a weed in my yard- drop everything and go take care of that.
Oh it is fall and the leaves are falling- what you didn't rake everyday to keep the yard spotless
OMG it is summer and a drought- what you didn't water twice a day and the yard is not bright dark green like ours. and you haven't mowed in 5 weeks- cuz it is not growing.
OMG you put your trash can out at 5pm on Sunday- city ordinance says it can't go out til Sunday night to be picked up Monday morning. (what time does night start, exactly?)
OMG it snowed- you haven't shoveled the sidewalk right down to the concrete yet, it has been like 5 minutes....better drop everything and get on that
OMG- your flowers are past bloom, better drop everything and get to dead heading them
OMG you burn wood in the winter, well your wood pile is harboring mice. you can't be having a rodent infestation living here. They eat my grass and flowers- you better get on that. (oh they did call the city and whine)
OMG- you put in an all new concrete driveway yourself and it doesn't look as nice as mine- tear it out and pay a contractor 5 times what it cost me to redo it- yep they called the city on that too
OMG- you have brick and cedar. I don't like that look or the color- you should pull it down and get someone to fix that. Yep they bitched about that too and the ******** at the city came out and questioned me about it... wtf?
OMG- it was freezing rain for 2 days and my driveway faces north- shade line 3/4 way down the driveway so I pulled out my power washer and used it hooked up to the hot water heater to remove the 1" layer of ice so I could drive up it again. yep it went into the street and down the storm sewer---they called the city actually 911 and said I was flooding their house...lol---they live more than 200' away and are 5' about sidewalk level, 7' above road level. How the f*ck am I flooding your house exactly?

I hate my one neighbor and they have a couple of idiots friends in the neighborhood that just agree with anything they say

OMG, V6Coupe i call those kind of Home-Owner Assoc. people ; idiots, Communists, ****'s , Busybody's, Dictators, & A-Holes..

Thanks for sharing, as it's good to hear others have these problems !!

Like what you're doing with your Pony, bet it sounds Great !!!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:23 PM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

^ yeah he has not gotten any better, but he is older and sooner or later that has to come into my favor....lol

I bought the BBK shorties, left the entire rest of the system stock

Right at first start it didn't seem any different, but it had been weeks since I had heard it run last so???

But after driving it a bit, it seems like a lower tone but nearly identical noise level?

But what do I know- it is like comparing new tires to old worn out tires- it just isn't an apples to apples comparison. I will say I am happy with them

seat of the pants- it definitely felt like a little more get up and go
and I finally got a chance to run it on a dyno again.

it was 271 the previous time I ran it, now 299...the shorties and the driveshaft and the koni yellows were the only changes at all between runs, besides the tuning changes he made (unfortunately I did not get to see the first run to know what the headers alone did prior to any tuning changes)--well then of course they more than a year apart and it was an almost ideal day low 60's and almost no humidity when I took it there. So more apples to peaches comparison

But I left there and it felt like it there was a second accelerator pedal someone else was mysteriously pushing. I was more than happy with the results--definitely most of the gains came from the tuning changes- but I felt a nice bump where I drive, which is mostly sub 3500 rpms, quite often 3000 rpms.

gas mileage, well I have been mostly getting 28ish the last couple tanks but I haven't really gone anywhere either to see if my all hiway mileage is still around 33

But as far as the headers go, quite happy, and now that I have driven it more with them, it sounds like a better car....lol---but again basing last year on this year with a long winter hiatus to hear nothing at all in the focus (winter car)

Last edited by 13V6coupe; 07-15-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jesse1125
I have Bassani axlebacks on my car. What I like about them is they have a deep tone and they don't pop or crack on decel. They are quiet at highway speeds but when you give it gas they wake up and give out a roar.

Here is a video from American Muscle

Mustang Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust (11-13 V6) Sound Clip - YouTube
Jesse, I have the Mag Street series, and I like the way yours sounds, If I can just buy the axlebacks, I might be making a change, Ill find out if its just a quick change, when I bought it , it was a full catback

Quick Reply: What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal