Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Glasspack length questions

Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 AM
mlud00
1st Gear Member

Default Glasspack length questions

My aplogies to anyone from multiple forums who heard this before. I have a 2012 V6 with Bassani axlebacks that has too much of an annoying drone. Yes I thought about replacing them with something else. I tried selling them locally or even mailing them out, but with the price people want to pay, it would just be like throwing $250 away. I like the ouside sound anyway, it was the drone that is the problem. So, I put soundmat in, no big reduction in drone. Two questions. Would 12 inch glasspacks reduce the drone without reducing sound too much? That being said, I already put a 23" glasspack (that someone sold me very cheap, brand new flowtech) on the passenger side, but the driver's side has a flattend pipe that makes it more difficult to fit a round pipe to. ( I am doing this myself) I can fit a 12" glasspack, clamping it right to the stock H-pipe and cutting the pipe between there and axle only once. (Like I did on the passenger side) Then, the 12" glasspack would fit right before the flat part starts, so my other question is, do 2 different length glasspacks do any harm, because of different back pressures? I don't want to talk about differences in quality of glasspacks VS resonators. Glasspacks are fine right now, I just want to keep the Bassani's but get rid of the drone, and wonder if it is wrong to mix glasspack lengths. Hope this isn't a dumb question, I have no tuning experience. Just want a decent sound and (a little) more performance from the V6, without drone. I might also add (shorty) headers later on, so the sound will change yet again, but this is my current concern. Thanks to anyone who wants to give a serious answer or opinion.