Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 PM
maxmustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Understood. I was just double checking and making sure I read it correctly.
Once you have it installed and the tune uploaded, be sure to take some pics and let us know your thoughts.
Happy modding!

I will definitely take pics once installed! The AM forum member stated earlier they have only one in stock and that they will be getting more in on the 17th. In general I hate buying the last of anything because I always assume it was returned for some reason. I think I'm going to wait until the the 18th of this month to purchase it. haha But I have the money now so it's just the waiting game now.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:59 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxmustang
I will definitely take pics once installed! The AM forum member stated earlier they have only one in stock and that they will be getting more in on the 17th. In general I hate buying the last of anything because I always assume it was returned for some reason. I think I'm going to wait until the the 18th of this month to purchase it. haha But I have the money now so it's just the waiting game now.
I hear ya! The installation should be pretty easy. I had no issues de-installing stock airbox, installing my Airaid CAI or uploading any of my custom tunes.
Keep us posted!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Hatchet
1st Gear Member

And keep posting so you get that AM discount.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:50 PM
mcanchola2

Cool congrats. I've been watching two different Youtube installation videos religiously so I think I'm prepared. haha
You should be good, I only busted one of my knuckles while I was doing the install, lol
Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

I got my Airaid CAI Synthamax (MXP Series) Part #451-265 off Ebay of all places. Brand new, sealed in the box from a performance place in Florida. $225 with FREE ship. Installed it in about 1 hour with a few curse words. LOL
Fit and Finish are top notch......its a little bit of a PITA to get it on the Throttle Body.
Sound it makes is amazing.....nice GROWL at throttle.
Noticed some "Butt Dyno" HP and quicker throttle response right after install.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:21 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Good price. Of course, you realize that your mileage will suffer now. That growl is addictive and there's only one way to hear it.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:51 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
I got my Airaid CAI Synthamax (MXP Series) Part #451-265 off Ebay of all places. Brand new, sealed in the box from a performance place in Florida. $225 with FREE ship. Installed it in about 1 hour with a few curse words. LOL
Fit and Finish are top notch......its a little bit of a PITA to get it on the Throttle Body.
Good to hear all went well and great price!
Wished my Airaid CAI growled. Mine makes more of a hissing sound. LOL
Old 10-16-2013, 02:12 PM
StangDawg

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
Vegasrph98:
Don't mean to jack this thread, but I noticed in your signature that you're running MBRP axle backs. I just got an Airaid CAI and will install it this weekend. I've been looking at the MBRPs and was wondering if you could give a little feedback on how they sound and any other thoughts you may have about them. The "growl" you're now hearing may be a combination of your CAI and MBRPs, but I'm just guessing. Can't wait to install the CAI and looking forward to some axle backs. Anyway, let me know and thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:36 PM
maxmustang
1st Gear Member

I ordered my Roush Axle-back exhaust last night. Still waiting for the 18th to arrive so I can buy my Roush CAI. Will post pics once both are installed.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:03 AM
kevsgt
2nd Gear Member

I ordered my Roush Axle-back exhaust last night. Still waiting for the 18th to arrive so I can buy my Roush CAI. Will post pics once both are installed.

What tuner did you go with? I plan to finally get my CAI and tuner sometime this week; just started looking around the forums to get all the opinions on the various options out there. I was planning to go with AM, even before learning about the forum discount. I thought I would be well short of the 50 post requirement, but just checked and this will be 46!

Might upgrade the throttle body while I'm at it.

Quick Reply: ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI