ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI - MustangForums.com

Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-19-2013, 07:45 PM
  #1  
maxmustang
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
maxmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 89
Default ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI

I have a 2014 v6 and I wanted to know which one is better. The Airraid from AM or the ROUSH from ROUSH Performance?
maxmustang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:05 AM
  #2  
mcanchola2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by maxmustang View Post
I have a 2014 v6 and I wanted to know which one is better. The Airraid from AM or the ROUSH from ROUSH Performance?

I have a 2012 V6 and I just bought an Airaid from AM. I will let you know how it works once it gets her and I install it. Here is a thread about both of them. https://mustangforums.com/forum/3-7l...-by-roush.html

- Mark
mcanchola2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:03 AM
  #3  
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member
 
MustangInTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 308
Default

Two bits of advice. The Roush is also sold at AM for $10 less and AM give forum members a discount. The second bit is that they are the same thing. Roush just has the Roush name on it. Save your money and get the Airaid. I love mine. The sound when I hit the gas is awesome.
MustangInTexas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM
  #4  
maxmustang
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
maxmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 89
Default

Originally Posted by mcanchola2 View Post
I have a 2012 V6 and I just bought an Airaid from AM. I will let you know how it works once it gets her and I install it. Here is a thread about both of them. https://mustangforums.com/forum/3-7l...-by-roush.html

- Mark

Thanks yea please.
maxmustang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:14 AM
  #5  
maxmustang
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
maxmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 89
Default

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
Two bits of advice. The Roush is also sold at AM for $10 less and AM give forum members a discount. The second bit is that they are the same thing. Roush just has the Roush name on it. Save your money and get the Airaid. I love mine. The sound when I hit the gas is awesome.

Thanks. I didn't know AM gives forum members discounts. How do I apply the discount?
maxmustang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 AM
  #6  
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member
 
MustangInTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by maxmustang View Post
Thanks. I didn't know AM gives forum members discounts. How do I apply the discount?
Go to American Muscle in the Vendors & Sponsors section. There's a sticky. Basically, you need 50 posts to PM and then PM one of the AM guys around here. And of course, you'll have to take a vow of silence, on your pony's life, as to what the code is. So, get out there, participate and say hi to all the noobies, etc.
MustangInTexas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 AM
  #7  
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger
 
Matt's 95 Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cali
Posts: 4,624
Default

You can find a few people selling their used Airraid CAI's on this forum and TheMustangSource.com for cheaper than buying new if you are interested. I have the Airraid and have not had any issues with it. Fit and finish are great and you always have AM customer support if you have issues.

Matthew
Matt's 95 Stang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 PM
  #8  
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 720
Default

They are actually the same CAI, so I'd say go with whichever you can find for less.
hogasswild is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 PM
  #9  
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One
 
Blacksmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,320
Default

FYI there really is no better CAI.
All will give the same gains.
It is the tune you get with it that determines the difference in power gain.

The only "better" with CAI itself is within price and perhaps ease of fitment of the filter in some. Looks is pure opinion.

Looks and price are your only concerns really hehe.
Just make SURE you get the car tuned or you are completely throwing your cash down the toilet.
CAI's that say they need no tune are full of crap no matter what they say or post as so called proof.
Without a tune a CAI is as good as a sticker on these cars.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-22-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Blacksmoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:20 PM
  #10  
maxmustang
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
maxmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 89
Default

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke View Post
FYI there really is no better CAI.
All will give the same gains.
It is the tune you get with it that determines the difference in power gain.

The only "better" with CAI itself is within price and perhaps ease of fitment of the filter in some. Looks is pure opinion.

Looks and price are your only concerns really hehe.
Just make SURE you get the car tuned or you are completely throwing your cash down the toilet.
CAI's that say they need no tune are full of crap no matter what they say or post as so called proof.
Without a tune a CAI is as good as a sticker on these cars.
Thanks. Yea I wouldn't even consider buying a CAI without the tuner. The ROUSH in my opinion looks better because the name is molded into the tubing and almost everyone has heard of the name. The airraid is cheaper and they offer a tuner/CAI combo pack that saves me at least 50 dollars. So I'm pretty much paying extra for the name. I'll think about it.
maxmustang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
baddog671
Parts For Sale
20
07-26-2016 01:20 PM
PaulH2
Members Rides and Car Show Section
20
01-31-2016 09:48 AM
AMAlexLazarus
AmericanMuscle.com
0
10-01-2015 09:21 AM
MustangForums Editor
The New S550 2015-2020 Mustang
1
09-30-2015 12:39 PM
junior04
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
1
09-28-2015 10:53 AM

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory