Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Lowering Springs advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 05:29 PM
SeanB97

Default Lowering Springs advice

Alright, so I was thinking about lowering my car with SR lowering springs from American Muscle. It would be a 1.5 inch drop. Is there anything that I NEED to do with the suspension if I do this or can I just do the lowering springs only? If there's nothing that I absolutely need to do, is there anything anyone would strongly advice me do?
Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 PM
sdstang
1st Gear Member

Lots of threads that discuss this and they all seem to mention:

Panhard Bar
Camber Adjustable bolts or Camber Plates (do one or other, not both).
Old 03-07-2014, 06:03 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

We've made a blog post about the top 4 upgrades in regards to your suspension which goes into detail here that you can read about - http://blog.modbargains.com/lower-yo...the-right-way/

If you're getting JUST lowering springs, I would suggest adding a panhard bar to that list so that you can re-center the rear axle once you lower the car. Everything else isn't NECESSARY but I could recommend a few other items as well that would really help but if you're looking for the base essentials, here's what I would go for, these two items! Eibach specifically due to comfort levels being better than most anything on the market, and their million-mile warranty!

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs Mustang V6/GT/Boss

Hotchkis Adjustable Panhard Rod Mustang

Hope that helps!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:51 PM
SeanB97

Originally Posted by ModBargains
We've made a blog post about the top 4 upgrades in regards to your suspension which goes into detail here that you can read about - http://blog.modbargains.com/lower-yo...the-right-way/

If you're getting JUST lowering springs, I would suggest adding a panhard bar to that list so that you can re-center the rear axle once you lower the car. Everything else isn't NECESSARY but I could recommend a few other items as well that would really help but if you're looking for the base essentials, here's what I would go for, these two items! Eibach specifically due to comfort levels being better than most anything on the market, and their million-mile warranty!

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs Mustang V6/GT/Boss

Hotchkis Adjustable Panhard Rod Mustang

Hope that helps!
Big help, thanks a lot!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SeanB97
Alright, so I was thinking about lowering my car with SR lowering springs from American Muscle. It would be a 1.5 inch drop. Is there anything that I NEED to do with the suspension if I do this or can I just do the lowering springs only? If there's nothing that I absolutely need to do, is there anything anyone would strongly advice me do?
Great choice! You'll love the SR Performance Lowering Springs. They'll give you a much more aggressive stance, better handling, less nose dive when braking and much more!

The 1.5" drop is perfect, also. This will allow you to basically just install the Springs and you'll be good to go. Caster Camber plates aren't necessary for a 1.5" drop or less. Like listed above, the only other thing I would invest in would be a Pan hard bar. When lowering your Mustang the differential can become un-centered. A Pan hard bar will correct that for you! This isn't a must, but I would definitely recommend it.

I hope this helps!

-Dan
Old 03-10-2014, 06:48 PM
SeanB97

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Great choice! You'll love the SR Performance Lowering Springs. They'll give you a much more aggressive stance, better handling, less nose dive when braking and much more!

The 1.5" drop is perfect, also. This will allow you to basically just install the Springs and you'll be good to go. Caster Camber plates aren't necessary for a 1.5" drop or less. Like listed above, the only other thing I would invest in would be a Pan hard bar. When lowering your Mustang the differential can become un-centered. A Pan hard bar will correct that for you! This isn't a must, but I would definitely recommend it.

I hope this helps!

-Dan
Big help Dan, thanks a ton!