Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Size of piston is Stock clutch master cylinder, ram slave?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 12:13 PM
basshed

Default Size of piston is Stock clutch master cylinder, ram slave?

As Titled I'm looking for the piston size of the stock plastic clutch master cylinder so I can size it to a Ram Hydraulic adjustable slave. Right now I've pulled two of the stock master cylinders out of the firewall because the ratio is all wrong & it keeps cracking the plastic pedal assembly due to the large force needed to push the pedal. Basically the car has been stuck with the clutch engaged since the install. nothing has worked to get leverage using stock parts.

Also bonus info -does anyone know the effective piston area of the Ram Hydraulic adjustable slave cylinder? does it equate out to a 1" slave or a .75"?

I know there's a pedal adjuster kit from Ram, the issue I have with that is it doesn't appear to effect pedal effort - just travel. I need to adjust pedal effort first & then see where I am pedal travel wise.

Any help would be amazing right now! I'm looking at wilwood slave cylinder kits but need to make sure I pick the right size. I think I need a 5/8" piston but want to know for sure before ordering. basically I need to reduce the size of my master cylinder at least an 1/8" preferably a 1/4" in diameter.compared to the slave. just don't know what the numbers are to make an educated choice