Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

tuner for3.7

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VapeD
Hey chopper its not a 3.7 but i feel like your car would get even more gains than mine. My tuner arrives on Monday and i will try to update this topic.

Right now i drive a 2009 v6 and have air raid cai w/ a TB Spacer and a Flowmaster American Thunder Axleback. I will be getting more performance mods (im just starting) because im now done with my styling mods. I completed it with 18% tint all around and quarter panel louvers along with black wheels to compliment my vapor silver car.
Do you think the TB Spacer or the quarter panel louvers add more horsepower? I think the louvers probably give you 10% more performance than the TB spacer.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:44 PM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSG Steggy
The only reason for connecting to your computer is to update with newer tunes after newer mods are added.
Make sure you have a PC as they are usually only compatible with PCs and not Macs. Had to learn this the hard way.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmom6990
Make sure you have a PC as they are usually only compatible with PCs and not Macs. Had to learn this the hard way.
Thx for the input, I ordered Steeda today, I'll keep you all posted
Old 12-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Damn, I didn't think I'd get it till next week, find out I'm getting it tomorrow and I just filled up with 87, and I got 93 tune, oh well next week it is, sigh
Old 12-14-2014, 07:40 AM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
I have CAI and catback exhaust, next is a tuner. My question is, are the tunes installed in the tuner before they send me the tuner. So all I have to do is plug it in and follow directions. I've heard that with some tuners you have to download the tune off your computer. THX
1. Buy a tuner off mustangforums classifieds or brand new. If u buy it used make sure it isnt locked
2. Buy a vmptune let them know whats mods u want and what gas
3. Load the tune using a windows computer and a printer cable to ur sct device
Got my car dynoed yesterday

2007 v6 4.0
Shorty headers m2 ebay
Ported and polished throttle body
Jlt cai series 2
Underdrive pulley asp
Custom exhaust work too much to explain
3.55 gears 8.8 ford racing rear end
Auto
Oil catch can
Vmptune is the best

Tuners that dynoed my car finally said vmptunes were spot on they had to smooth somethings out and they intially got an additonal 8-9 rwhp
Car dynoed at 255 torque 215 hp
But hey im still happy besides hp
Old 12-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Have any of you guys with a steeda tune had any problems? After tuning it runs strong but has a whirring sound up front, sounds like the fan is amped, anyway Steeda is no help at all, I was basically told I'm stuck with this tune,I would think since they wrote the tune and something is not correct they would try to fix it.The tech I talked to tryed to tell me it was my cai, I knew it wasnt but took it off , still have that annoying noise.When I take the tune out , the noise goes away,
Old 12-26-2014, 09:51 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Have any of you guys with a steeda tune had any problems? After tuning it runs strong but has a whirring sound up front, sounds like the fan is amped, anyway Steeda is no help at all, I was basically told I'm stuck with this tune,I would think since they wrote the tune and something is not correct they would try to fix it.The tech I talked to tryed to tell me it was my cai, I knew it wasnt but took it off , still have that annoying noise.When I take the tune out , the noise goes away,
Hello,

Send me a p.m. with who you spoke with on the phone. It sounds like you took the necessary steps to isolate the incident to the tune.

Do you have the ability to take a video to let us hear the sound? I have sent this note to our lead tuner so I have him looking into it as well.

I am not familiar with a "whirling" sound after a tune has been installed ... this is a unique incident with the tune.

Also, in your p.m. ... please send me your email address with your order number. We will look into your tune & see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Hello,

Send me a p.m. with who you spoke with on the phone. It sounds like you took the necessary steps to isolate the incident to the tune.

Do you have the ability to take a video to let us hear the sound? I have sent this note to our lead tuner so I have him looking into it as well.

I am not familiar with a "whirling" sound after a tune has been installed ... this is a unique incident with the tune.

Also, in your p.m. ... please send me your email address with your order number. We will look into your tune & see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

Best Regards,

TJ
PM sent
Old 12-27-2014, 09:27 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Got it ... let me work through the channels & see what we can figure out.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

ok, I'm looking forward to getting this problem resolved

Quick Reply: tuner for3.7