Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

tuner for3.7

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:21 PM
rumtillidie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
ok, I'm looking forward to getting this problem resolved

Does getting a tuner void the warranty? I have a 2014 v6 and was thinking of getting it but my warranty is for 3 years/30,000kms.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:59 PM
JimC

Ford warranties the car that Ford built. Once you tune it then it is not the car that Ford built. So if the tune causes an issue, then it is on you and not Ford.

But if the radio goes out, then it isn't tune related. Anything engine related, or possibly driveline related, could be due to the tune. While Ford can't deny warranty under the law unless the break down is related to the tune, they have more ability to figure out why something happened than you do.

So if you are worried about warranty issues, then don't tune your car until the warranty is up.

Or accept the fact that you may be responsible for anything that happens. (like putting a turbo on and breaking 2 pistons because BBR didn't tune it correctly after 2 weeks of data logging - the car Ford built ran fine, the car I built broke so Ford isn't responsible for a new engine)
Old 12-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

I sent the tuner back today, I'll let you all know how THAT turns out
Old 12-31-2014, 10:09 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Chopper,

We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with the tune ... this was an unordinary situation.

Without seeing complete datalog files ... we could not diagnose the issue.

Please let me know if I can help assist with anything further ... if there is a part you are looking at in the future ... please let me know & I can help provide forum pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Chopper,

We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with the tune ... this was an unordinary situation.

Please let me know if I can help assist with anything further ... if there is a part you are looking at in the future ... please let me know & I can help provide forum pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
See, this is the part I dont understand, Other people purchased the tune and had no problems,
Old 01-04-2015, 07:57 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

See, this is the part I dont understand, Other people purchased the tune and had no problems,
Not every car is the same ... in some cases ... we run into an issue where a vehicle just does not want to respond to a tune. We are going to examine it & see what we can figure out.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 01-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Not every car is the same ... in some cases ... we run into an issue where a vehicle just does not want to respond to a tune. We are going to examine it & see what we can figure out.

Best Regards,

TJ
see what you can figure out, I'm only doing this ONE more time, if not, a refund is in order
Old 01-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Chopper,

Best Regards,

TJ
Thx for the promp refund, sorry we couldn't do business
Old 01-07-2015, 07:04 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Please let me know if I can ever help assist with a future order ... you can always reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 01-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Well, got a tune from Bama, did the 87 performance today, ran really good, no weird sounds up front, Next I'll do the 93 tune and I"ll keep you all informed

Quick Reply: tuner for3.7