Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

tuner for3.7

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 09:09 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ucinn
Epona.. I just got the Bama tuner myself with the JLT CAI and you will love the difference. I went straight to the 93R tune after reading most of the reviews and really like the race tune.
If you ike the 93r tune, you will love the new 93v race tune
Old 10-23-2015, 09:42 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Looking forward to that. Will be getting it in the spring. Going to get a new set of staggered wheels and tires and will need a new tune then.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:08 AM
folivier

I have a stock 2014 V6 premium automatic convertible. Don't plan on any mods, just want to get rid of the disappointing lag when starting out or at low speeds and punching.
Any real world number differences? 0-60, 60-80?
It's not a daily driver but just a fun car when the weather is nice.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:50 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by folivier
I have a stock 2014 V6 premium automatic convertible. Don't plan on any mods, just want to get rid of the disappointing lag when starting out or at low speeds and punching.
Any real world number differences? 0-60, 60-80?
It's not a daily driver but just a fun car when the weather is nice.
That's exactly what I had. I then got the Bama tunes and am running the 93 octane race tune and it took care of that. Can't tell you if it was the 93 octane, the tune, or the CAI as I did it all at once. All I can tell you is it's gone and the wife and I are much happier campers. Try loading up on 93 octane the next couple tanks and see if it doesn't make it better.

I didn't do any times before or after, but seat of the pants you can definitely tell the difference. It's like night and day off the line.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

UPDATE-took the 93V tune out, I like the original 93 R better
Old 03-17-2016, 08:41 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I absolutely loved the 93R V2 tune, but the wife didn't. She said it jerked when she took off so went with the 93P V2 tune. It doesn't launch as hard but does have more mid power umphh. She likes it better, so then I do too...lol
Old 03-19-2016, 05:11 PM
heebe_geebe

So do any of you guys run an automatic. I have a 2014 v6 auto with the factory performance package. I do a lot of back road running and enjoy sport mode so I can hold the gear I'm in. when I get hung up in stop and go traffic I like to do the same.

So my question is do the shifting mods carry over in sport mode also or are they only good in drive? I assume motor performance doesn't change. I've asked a couple tuners but haven't got a reply. I plan on getting a tuner and wanna prepare for the good and bad side....
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 PM
jordanair45
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by heebe_geebe
So do any of you guys run an automatic. I have a 2014 v6 auto with the factory performance package. I do a lot of back road running and enjoy sport mode so I can hold the gear I'm in. when I get hung up in stop and go traffic I like to do the same.

So my question is do the shifting mods carry over in sport mode also or are they only good in drive? I assume motor performance doesn't change. I've asked a couple tuners but haven't got a reply. I plan on getting a tuner and wanna prepare for the good and bad side....
Very good question. I've been thinking about this since I've gotten my tune.

I've driven my car with the 91R tune in both drive and sport mode. I have noticed a difference in sport mode, mainly the throttle "blips" when downshifting and the shifts do seem a little sportier. When driving in Drive, it seems a little more sluggish, less response. I don't know how this is possible, considering that it should drive the same in both modes? Doesn't feel like it, however.

I have launched from both Drive and Sport mode, and the results were about the same.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:36 PM
heebe_geebe

Originally Posted by jordanair45
Very good question. I've been thinking about this since I've gotten my tune.

I've driven my car with the 91R tune in both drive and sport mode. I have noticed a difference in sport mode, mainly the throttle "blips" when downshifting and the shifts do seem a little sportier. When driving in Drive, it seems a little more sluggish, less response. I don't know how this is possible, considering that it should drive the same in both modes? Doesn't feel like it, however.

I have launched from both Drive and Sport mode, and the results were about the same.
Did they tweak your shifting points and how hard it shifts when they did your tune? Some say theirs chirps going into 3rd it hits that hard so I'm wondering if manually shifting in sport mode will do the same or if its slow and sluggish like stock?
Old 03-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Tallica4life81
2nd Gear Member

My dyno tune launces and shifts harder in sport but when on twisties I like putting her in sport mode. 2016 v6 auto

Quick Reply: tuner for3.7