Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Gauge cluster swap issues.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Cadynce

Default Gauge cluster swap issues.

So I bought a 2014 mustang V6 in November brand new. I was pretty clear on what I wanted, so much that I walked the sales guy out to my finances car and showed him the inside of his car. I wanted a V6 Premium with the mycolor, trac apps etc. The only thing I was flexible on was the leather.
After much searching for my desired vehicle, the sales guy had one last lead that couldn't be verified til morning and we left. I called him at 10 the next morning eager to find out if a new Mustang was in my immediate future. He said they still had it and tbey were arranging transport, all I needed to do was come fill out the paper work. I went that afternoon, completed the contract etc. Awesome!! You"d think...

I arrived at the lot to pick up my car 2 days later to pick up my car. As we exited the building with keys in hand, I stopped and looked back and my fiances car (also a V6 Premium). And did a double take, something didn't look right. As I approached the car and peered into the windows, my heart sank.. Wrong car. What I was standing before, was a V6 base with a few upgrades. No mycolor, no leather, no lots of stuff.
I brought this to the attention of my sales guy and they started "working" on a fix. He agreed to put leather in my car and after speaking with the service dept told us we could purchase the gauge cluster for around 800 and have It put in. This was the ONLY reason I kept the car. Here I am in February, still trying to get the cluster done and I am running into issue after issue. Ford told me they'd program the new cluster then told me the tac place wouldn't even send one cause its not the same as the one in taking out. Now I have acquired one with a few less miles on it that mine and I still can't get anyone to program it. Help! How do I get it programmed??
Old 02-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Welcome to the forum.

What does the paperwork you signed say the car has? What's the VIN Number of your car vs. what is on the paper? What's the Windows Sticker say on it?
Old 02-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Cadynce

I'll start by saying Hind sight is a B***.. So the way the deal went, was I told him what I wanted, and he "found it" the car was in another state, so when going over the paperwork he just said something like V6 Mustang with Trac apps and Sync or whatever. We had discussed in length about the Tracs apps and Sync and whatnot. SO I signed the paperwork on a Thursday, car was delivered from another state on Friday.. Only then did I realize that they screwed up. I backed out of the deal at that point and they convinced me to keep the car by putting leather in it for me and telling us I could buy the upgraded gauge cluster thru them and have it installed.. So, my fiancé said he would buy me the cluster, since they'd install it.
I ordered the cluster with Ford, and it took forever to get an answer on its status. first he needed my mileage and vin, understandable, then it was "oh well the Tach place won't even send me a tachometer if I'm not getting the exact tach back" Which wasn't possible because my car has a base tach and I was upgrading to the Tach with the center led screen and my color. So, after all that BS, i got my money back and sourced out a used one. It came in and i took to to Ford who now tells me that they can't do it unless it comes from Ford... I'm getting seriously pissed now, as they told us they'd do it and I've gotten so many excuses as to why they can't, yet I see people posting about gauge swaps, where they have taken the car to Ford and had it done no problem. My fiancé seems to think theres a way you can do it with a Bama X4 Tuner, but I'm not sure, as the mileage needs to be adjusted. Frustrating!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Cadynce

And thank you for having me. =)
Old 02-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Did you get their 'fix' in writing or just by word of mouth?

In my opinion your gut reaction (first reaction) to back out of the deal was the right one. If it wasn't what you had asked for you should've told them to keep it (the car). Oh and never sign anything committing to buy a car without seeing it first.

Unfortunately, until you get the resolution you asked for and that they said they would give you, you're kind of stuck with them.

If you haven't already, collect all of the documentation do you do have, go to an attorney that offers some free advice and find out if you have a way to get them on Fraud....Fraud for selling you something that was not what you asked for.

You will need to show where you stated what you wanted (e-mail, accessory list from the dealer that you initialed, etc), something that's in writing that shows they were aware of what you were asking for.

I normally hate lawyers because they are blood sucking self important greedy low life scum but that's just the ambulance chaser or lets find a reason to sue anyone ones

There are some decent ones in there. I would recommend one that does Lemon Law stuff since they will be familiar with how dealers work and what type of documentation and records are needed.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:27 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Did you get their 'fix' in writing or just by word of mouth?

In my opinion your gut reaction (first reaction) to back out of the deal was the right one. If it wasn't what you had asked for you should've told them to keep it (the car). Oh and never sign anything committing to buy a car without seeing it first.

Unfortunately, until you get the resolution you asked for and that they said they would give you, you're kind of stuck with them.

If you haven't already, collect all of the documentation do you do have, go to an attorney that offers some free advice and find out if you have a way to get them on Fraud....Fraud for selling you something that was not what you asked for.

You will need to show where you stated what you wanted (e-mail, accessory list from the dealer that you initialed, etc), something that's in writing that shows they were aware of what you were asking for.

I normally hate lawyers because they are blood sucking self important greedy low life scum but that's just the ambulance chaser or lets find a reason to sue anyone ones

There are some decent ones in there. I would recommend one that does Lemon Law stuff since they will be familiar with how dealers work and what type of documentation and records are needed.
The fraud angle is the one I would use too. For certain start with a call to your Better Business Bureau (which is free) to see if anyone else has had a similar experience recently. If there's more people that have had similar experiences, you may be able to get the local district attorney's office to get involved and that will give you more leverage. If you live in a big enough city, contacting the local news (TV, radio, print media) Investigative Journalism department may help dial up the heat too. They will want to see any documentation you have too, because they have to have their ducks in a row before engaging too. Round up your documentation, stick to your guns, and get allies where you can.

One more thing - even without the nice options, the V6 Mustang is a heckuva car. Hopefully you can still enjoy it despite the bad hooey going on with the dealer! Do you plan to keep it stock or do you have a vision for where you'd like to go with mods and such? Try not to mess with it too much before getting things sorted out, but focusing on the future rather than the crappy present may help you keep your chin up!