Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Throttle body or mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 08:55 AM
rven448

Where in florida are you? I am in Port Saint Lucie if you need some help. I just picked up roush axle backs for my GT that ill be installing this weekend.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Floorguy
1st Gear Member

WOW, very generous, but I'm on the other side, Manatee county! I think $650 is a pretty good price installed, considering the average price I have seen is around $689 just for the kit! Again, thanks for the offer pal!!
Old 08-06-2016, 08:52 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Well, I'll be the dissenting voice and recommend a TB and tune. For results, see the "Rounds" in my signature.

That said, the SOUND of new mufflers is a lot of fun too. Maybe not that much faster without a tune, but fun.

Whichever way you go, welcome to the forum!
Old 08-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Floorguy
1st Gear Member

Thanks Windy, glad to be here! Trying to learn as much as possible!
Old 08-08-2016, 01:28 PM
SideCarGT

Mufflers are nice, but if you're looking for better performance vs the sound, do the tune first. The tune will enhance performance noticeably. The mufflers will just give you better sound.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Floorguy
1st Gear Member

Well, Im getting the magnaflow axle backs put on by a local shop next week. Wanted to try it myself, but the price I got installed, was cheaper than what A.M. Has them listed for, so I went that way. But in a few weeks, I will be looking to get a tuner. Like
I've been saying, this is ALL new to me so from what I've seen, Bama is a pretty good, might go with that. I guess I'm having a mid life crisis! Just want something with a little pep that sounds decent. I really appreciate all the information you guys are giving me!!

Last edited by Floorguy; 08-08-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:04 AM
David Young
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Floorguy
Well, Im getting the magnaflow axle backs put on by a local shop next week. Wanted to try it myself, but the price I got installed, was cheaper than what A.M. Has them listed for, so I went that way. But in a few weeks, I will be looking to get a tuner. Like
I've been saying, this is ALL new to me so from what I've seen, Bama is a pretty good, might go with that. I guess I'm having a mid life crisis! Just want something with a little pep that sounds decent. I really appreciate all the information you guys are giving me!!
Nice,the Magnaflows will look like new for many years
Old 08-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Floorguy
Wow! Pretty impressive Dave, but I'm just worried because if anything can go wrong, it will with my installation. And being that I have no experience with working on car's,I'm a little nervous. I did find a shop that carries magnaflow street, and gave me a price installed, cheaper than I can get them for, so I'm thinking it a no brainier. So maybe I'll give them a shot at doing it right.
nice, not sure about the TB on our 3.7, I had a mits eclipse 4 banger before this car, and did full bolt on, and the bigger TB off a GT realy worked on the top end, just saying, some of you guys that have done TB chime in,
Old 10-13-2016, 09:13 AM
joe2455

Hey Floor guy. Just wondering if you got work done and how it's sounding thinking bout doing same thanks joe2455
Old 10-13-2016, 09:24 AM
Floorguy
1st Gear Member

Yes I did Joe, and it sounds really nice at idle, and when I punch it, it sounds great! I'm glad I went with the magnaflows!

Quick Reply: Throttle body or mufflers?