Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

P068A Error and Electrical Issues. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 02:23 PM
jgaro

Default P068A Error and Electrical Issues. Help!

Hi folks,

Long time reader, first time poster. 2013 V6 Prem w/ 26k mi. Gets used daily, but just a short ride. Have not had any real prior issues, and do regular oil changes.

Yesterday, I went to start it up, and got flickering on the dash (full on and off) for 5 seconds, then nothing, then randomly it started up without me turning the key.

This morning, got in the car, and it wouldn't turn over at all. All utilities were working without issue, but engine would not turn. I plugged in a battery charger, waited til full, then tried again with no luck. Was getting some strange flickering of rainbow lights on the dash this time. Charged full again, brought over a friends car to jump it, and had no luck. I checked the ODB2 errors and saw P068A.

Bought a new battery that I just threw in and it started after some hesitation. When I turn the key just to utilities, I see some dimming and struggling every time. When I initially touched the battery terminal, I heard a high pitched noise coming from the same place I hear it after the car is normally turned off (behind front left headlight). This time, it started high pitched and dropped in pitch until it went out, maybe 15s later.

I have a feeling that killing the last battery was just a symptom of some other electrical problem. Any guidance on how to go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks for the help!!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:49 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Hmm...this one is odd. What happens if you disconnect the electrical leads from the alternator and turn the key to "on" but not started?
Old 10-21-2017, 09:37 PM
JayB2011V6

Default Relevant title, different issue

I've been searching for any others that have the issue I've had lately. This thread sort of relates but my car works perfectly. I've noticed that my dash lights randomly dim when the headlights are on and then the next moment they go full brightness with no adjusting of the dimmer switch. When they go bright, the dim switch doesn't work at all.
Any ideas?
The previous owner had a big stereo installed that caused other issues but I had all that ripped out when I bought it. My best guess is that job had some side effects.