351 Mustang

Calling people with a supercharged 351 carbd

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:25 PM
jmh87chpnotch
1st Gear Member

Default Calling people with a supercharged 351 carbd

I am wondering if anyone has experiance with a build like this. I plan on just staying at at a 351 or maybe just a 357. I am deffinatly going carbed and plan on going with the paxton carbed supercharged kit. Definatly going to go with a forged stroker kit. I am wondering what set ups people are going with. Like what intake and carbs. Also on the stroker kit, what kits are you getting? Do I really need a forged crank. It is going to be a weekend track car. Heads I was wanting something I can just bolt on out of the box. Would 205's be good or should I go with 225's. I am trying to save money as much as possible. I would love to get a short block but cant afford to spend close to 3k on one. I plan on getting a used block for about 2-300 have it freshend up. The stroker kit I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get one for like 1k? Cam I am definatly going to get custom. Now for tranny I was wondering what is recommended. I would like to stay with a stick.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:40 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

205's will be plenty and a forged crank would be a good idea if you are going to put down alot of boost but it is not required if you are not trying to max it out.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:12 AM
393Bird
2nd Gear Member

A couple of things to consider as you are gathering parts. A single plain intake works much better with blow through carbs. You really need a carb with mech secondaries. The carb will need to be modified to handle being pressurized, and to allow more fuel under boost.

Tons of information here.
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?board=13.0
Old 11-18-2009, 01:04 AM
5.8 notch

Originally Posted by jmh87chpnotch
I am wondering if anyone has experiance with a build like this. I plan on just staying at at a 351 or maybe just a 357. I am deffinatly going carbed and plan on going with the paxton carbed supercharged kit. Definatly going to go with a forged stroker kit. I am wondering what set ups people are going with. Like what intake and carbs. Also on the stroker kit, what kits are you getting? Do I really need a forged crank. It is going to be a weekend track car. Heads I was wanting something I can just bolt on out of the box. Would 205's be good or should I go with 225's. I am trying to save money as much as possible. I would love to get a short block but cant afford to spend close to 3k on one. I plan on getting a used block for about 2-300 have it freshend up. The stroker kit I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get one for like 1k? Cam I am definatly going to get custom. Now for tranny I was wondering what is recommended. I would like to stay with a stick.

Ok well you lost me at staying with a 351 or 357 which is a .30 overbore then you go on to say you are definitely going with a forged stroker kit then you turn around and ask if you need a forged crank. You confuse me which set up are you going to use? if adding a power adder depending on your boost level I would suggest forged internals just for the sake of longevity,no sense spending all kinds of money and cheeping out on the foundation of the motor IMO
Old 12-23-2009, 08:02 AM
MYROOTSLX

I would definately get a forged crank and rods. I have -33.8cc reverse dome pistons in mine however its a 408 and this gave me 8.9 to 1 compression with a 60cc head. So you might want to make sure to get some to give you low compression. AFR heads come in either 58cc or 72cc combustion chambers. Also your carb needs to be a blow through design. Demon, and Quick Fuel make really good one. I have QF and couldnt be happier although my combo is not a blow through design. Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

If you are gone to stay with a 357 then run the stock crank they will take lots of HP. But I would move up to a good rod by all means. the 205 heads would work well but if you are gone to move up on the CID then you might want to think about gone with the bigger head also. But at the same time the S/C will push the air through them any ways.