351 Mustang

Victor race or Trickflow HP's

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default Victor race or Trickflow HP's

which do you think would make the most power in a big inch windsor high compression solid roller. I been looking at TEA's and Fox Lakes websites. Discuss!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:11 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

TFS HP's would be a nice head to get your hands on, but if you have the money, why not look into some competition series AFR's?

IMHO this question should be askd over on s b f t e c h <<< if you catch my drift
Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

thanks for the reply adder. I asked it on hardcore and seem to be getting some input on the subject. This place seems a little dead compaired to what it used to be. All im looking for is a 9.50 index or better out of my car with a severe suspension overhaul. Im supposed to take the car out to Phoenix this spring and drop it off at my Father's neighbor. He is a tube chassis builder and he's supposed to do some chassis work on it. By the time I get the car back, I should have my 454 built and ready.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

As much as I like the the High Ports. I think I would look into the Victors. I think they are just a better head for the large CID and they would give you room to grow if you want later. but If I remember right the Victors take the big $$$ shaft rockers and are not real cheap to start with.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

how much do the shaft rockers usually run for these heads
Old 02-04-2010, 06:26 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Herbert Racing has Jesel rocker they are some the best out there for what you are doing I did not see the Victor ones but the prices on the other stuff stared at $900 and I seen as high as $1500. But what kind of cam are you looking to run? Is this a all out race engine or a street car?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:51 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

looks like Im headed towards an all out race car with the thoughts that are traveling through my head these days. Besides, it would just cost to much for me to drive it around on hot gas all the time. I drive the car alot now and it abuses my bank account on pump gas like it is. If I ran it on the street with the new engine, I'd be broke for sure. Good thing I landed this fat new job that got me a $6/hr raise.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

if it is a all out race car how about Yates heads or some of the new Cleveland style heads? But like you said much more race then street then I would look into the Victors they can really move some air. but if you are gone to class race or heads up stuff check out the rules first. also shaft rockers would be much better then standard stud rocker with high spring pressures that come with big solid roller cams and the high RPM.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:10 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

i dont think imma go as far as yates heads and all. I make a very comfortable living, but I can't justify spending that amount of money on a car. Specially when it doesnt help me earn a living. I jst hadnt made up my mind yet on which heads Im going with. I need to sit down and put pen to paper and analyze the cost of both set ups, complete. That will help me decide. I think it would be cheaper to run the TFS HP's in the long run and we all know that they have potential to make serious power. Regardless of which head I choose, I know they both require an expensive set of headers, which Im more than prepared to purchase also. But, as stated before, I need to sit down and discuss this with someone who knows a hell of alot more about this than I do, like Jay Allen or Ed Curtis, might even check out Cam Motion, beings they are in my state and I could drive to there shop in just a couple of hours.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 AM
wildcobrar
3rd Gear Member

I would look into a set of Cleveland style heads. They can be had for the cost of Hi Ports and I am sorry but the correct ones will slaughter the Hi Port combo. A 408 Clevor in N/A form well thought out would take a power adder car to run with it. I know of a few aluminum Cleveland heads that come to mind that would make screaming power.

The Cleveland heads have a large advantage over most other Windsor style heads.

Joe

Quick Reply: Victor race or Trickflow HP's